Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Well it's official

              

   Not quite right, not feeling so brave, am having some fear!

          Surgery will be on the 19th at 1 pm.  I am having it late so I can work that night.  I am in charge and that is one of the nights we have a fairly new crew.  So I will get off at 7:30 am, sleep a few hours and then go in and have it done at the surgery center.  Hopefully will be home by 5.  Then I am off for 7 days or longer if I need it.  I forgot to ask how long it takes, anyone know?  My longest surgery was 8 hours.  That must have been hard on Rick, but I slept through it.  Didn't bother me at all, LOL.

   He said since my attacks have been increasing in how often I am having them, in fact am having one now, that the chances of it calming down again were slim.  I don't want to wait because I have met my deductable now.  Knowing my luck Jan 1st I would have a horrible attack and end up getting it out so I will just get it over with.

   Last time I had a lap procedure I can remember waking up in recovery and having this really horrible pain in my right chest and shoulder.  They say it is from the trapped gas under you diaphram.  I am not even looking forward to that.  My sister that doesn't like me had it done and was really sick.  I don't know what type of pain tolerance she has though.  I am such a old pro at surgery I know what I can stand. 

    He also talked about the lap band again.  If I wanted to pay for it without insurance it would be $15,000 for everything!  Think I will just get back on track with my diet.  I asked if my gallbladder acting up could have anything to do with my weight loss stall and he say possibly.  Who knows,  truth is I am eating too much at a sitting again.  Maybe if we change insurance at work this next time I will look into the lap band again.

   Rick just came in and said it is snowing outside.  Just small flurries.  Sigh.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, I'm sure that you will feel much better once you get rid of that darn thing!  Especially if it's continuing to cause you pain.  I remember that awful air/gas pain that got stuck under my rib cage and in my back and EVERYWHERE after I had a exploratory Lap done.  Oh man!  That hurt worst than the surgical incision, I do believe! lol

Lots of prayers going up for you!!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Both my sister's had gall bladder surgery, laproscopically, and they were off of work for about 2 weeks.  It was relatively painless, its regaining your strength and the anesthesia out of the system, that took longer.  They are pain-free, though and couldn't be happier.  Take care...
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

You are really planning on working right after surgery? I would think you would still be under the effects of the anesthesia. Seems like you would need several days to recoup. Hubby got an email form someone who lives up north and he was saying it was snowing there this morning and going to be 20º tonight. I forget which state. Doen't seem that long back since you were getting too hot riding your bike. Helen

Anonymous said...

Will keep you in my prayers. Know all will turn out ok & you'll feel so much better once you heal.
Good luck.
Sug

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel:) i did not want to do the knee surgery either. but just think if you get it out its over and done with:) now another question do you have your appendics? sorry for the spelling if you do see if they will take it out at the same time. They didn't for me so i know its something i get to look forward to. have a good night

Deb

Anonymous said...

I will be on my face praying the whole time....I dont know if 7 days is enough rest....I'm sure you'll be up and functioning fine but maybe a few more days...just so you know your body has had time.?...maybe?...when I had my C-sections...heck I couldnt move for 5 days....I was on lovely Percocet so the pain was mild and I slept like a rock...but still...I didnt let myself get out of the bed unless I had to....I hope you will give yourself all the rest you need..I KNOW your strong...but bedtime can be really tranquil...Well..I have five kids so if laying in the bed for a week is my dose of healing....I run faster than a jack rabbit for such a vacation...lol.....maybe I am more of a wimp than you...I remember cursing at the nurse when she told me that my doctor was giving me Tylenol with Codeine to recuperate with...I looked like a crazed woman and got those doctors orders changed...lol....-Raven

Anonymous said...

Even small procedures are scary...so it's no wonder you are having some apprehensive thoughts!    But everything will be OK, and you'll be up and at 'em in no time.    If seven days aren't enough, take a few more....the hospital will just have to deal with it.    Your health is more important and they know that.   Hang in there.... will be praying for you.
~Meg