Saturday, October 14, 2006

My Brain, My Famous work of art and other things.

Your Brain's Pattern
Your brain is always looking for the connections in life.
You always amaze your friends by figuring out things first.
You're also good at connecting people - and often play match maker.
You see the world in fluid, flexible terms. Nothing is black or white.
 
You Are Best Described By...
Sleep
by Salvador Dali
 
 Since I just woke up I thought this was a hoot what famous work of art I was.  Oh yes, very appropriate. LOL.  
  
            Work was unreal last night.  I am not a superstitious woman but it was the worse Friday the 13th I have ever spent.  I sure hope it is better tonight.  The only good thing is I was so busy I didn't think about how tired I was.  Seems like my nights at work are going as fast as my days off for a change.  Speeding along closer to my surgery date.
 
  I am having my surgery at the surgery center.  Everyone is now freaking me out about going to that instead of here with my past little problems with going under.  I always break out in hives, no big thing, but they have to give me extra medications which in turn causes me to breath nice and shallow which in turn makes my oxygen level drop so I need oxygen for awhile. 
       
       Oh my God, What if something happens and you're way out there and have to take a ambulance to Sioux City etc.........  Gee thanks co-workers for the reassurance.  I would had been really nervous if not for you guys...... sheesh!
 
    I have been reading about Donna being trapped in the huge snow storm in NY.  Boy I feel pretty bad about complaining about my sprinkling of snow.  Things definitely could have been worse.  There are always people worse off then me or more snowed in then me, so I should never have anything to complain about.  Anyway here's hoping they get power soon and she stays safe and sound and warm.  They are saying maybe 7 days until they get power.  Does that make it officially winter in NY?
 
Scanning the news today it all seems to be bad.  Maybe I missed something.  Any good news out there?  I have some good news~~~~~~  I slept well and woke up, Yippy.  Sometimes you can't ask for more then that.  I also have a great cup of coffee surging though my tired body energizing me for another 12 hours of tending to the ill and suffering.  Gee, that sounds so heroic.  Can you all see my wings yet?
 
   I am going to post Ricks made up recipe for Egg pie. I have it somewhere in a cookbook here that I submitted it to.   It is a labor intensive recipe of love and I always am happy he makes it.  Of course I am sure it has a zillion calories which is why it tastes so heavenly.  Calories are always the very best don't ya know.  Why celery can't get the same emotions I will never know.  You never hear anyone say they are craving celery or better then sex carrot sticks!
 
Well.  I have got to start getting this body going and put on my profession face replacing my pillow lined just got out of bed rumpled self.  Everyone have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

LOL...the egg pie sounds amazing...but you mentioned labor intensive...that went through my brain as an impossibility...lol..why?....I cant cook anything complicated...I'm like a guy and I dont follow directions well...I get impatience and mix it all...or not mix enough...I still am the only person I know who made an Angel food cake that defied heat...it never cooked....

The world is fluid...thats your wisdom....right on!

I'm anticipating your surgery as a quick recovery and you will probably wish it was longer....lol...Did you get some good books for your rest time?...Any good movies?...Have you seen Sense and Sensibilility yet?....If you haven't, yah gotta rent that one...I would call up your friends...and get a daily schedule for a meal served...and if its OK with you, could you send me your address...-Raven

Anonymous said...

You'll be fine in surgery.  Don't you just love it when they scare you?
Hope you have a good night.
Pam