Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A new Start

     

   This lady belongs in a certain picture of Gina's from Gina's space walking along the rivers edge listening to nature.  I can see it in my head.  La La la la la la

             

   So far the morning has been good.  I did my morning meditation and concentrated on getting back on track with my weight loss.  I haven't been talking about it because I haven't been even trying lately.  I have the 7 extra pounds to prove it.  That is going to change starting today.  Back to my old plan which worked so well for me.

     

   Started out sleeping very good last night, lots of interesting dreams.  Meditated and then Rick made some great sumatra coffee which just hit the spot on this cool morning.   I sipped that and read the morning entries and out the window the deer were gathered in the back yard eating some apples I put out.   The babies spots are completely gone and one is sprouting brand new little horns.  A couple of the female look pregnant again, but perhaps they just storing up for winter. How long are they pregnant before they deliver?  There were 7 back there today and the colder it gets we will see more.

  

    For breakfast I ate shredded wheat and I am back to writing down everything  I eat.  I need to count calories.   I also am going back to the gym.   I feel so thick in the middle, the extra weight, the lack of exercise and having enough gas to fuel a large planet are all taking a toll.

      

   My neighbor brought us some catfish filets for supper.  These were caught in a gravel pit as opposed to the river so shouldn't taste muddy.   We rarely eat the fish from around here as most of the ponds and gravel pits are surrounded by fields.  The fertilizer seeps into the water and it isn't safe eating the fish often.  But rarely it is a great treat.

    

   There are certain small towns around here where I won't even get coffee or drink their water.  Working on oncology we started seeing a trend on types of cancers from different towns.  The ones that drank lots of well water seemed to me, MHO, to have more blood type cancers,  and I wonder if it is the fertilizer.  Since they can never be sure, there are so many many things that could cause cancer, I just played it safe and bring my own water.  I always filter my water and never trust bottled water either.  Gee, should that have made my weird list?

      

   So I hear today that Korea's bomb was either a dud or a bluff.  Not funny!  That one had me rolling on the floor.  The news has been so disturbing.  Mothers using their newborns as clubs,  big strong gang members deliberately shooting a 3 year old child, another child bring a gun to school.  Would be so tempting to give up radio and the internet and just live in my safe little world but that doesn't make it go away and it doesn't keep you prepared.  So I read my news everyday and try to find the good mixed in with the bad.

      

I CAN'T PUT MY FINGER ON IT: Police say a man tried to rob a pharmacy in
  Neillsville, Wisc., using the time-honored ruse of pretending his
  finger was a gun. Exceptthe man, wearing a mask, didn't feel the need
  to hide the fake gun in his pocket -- he held his finger up to
  pharmacist Bill Weiler. "I kind of chuckled," Weiler said, asking "This
  is a robbery?" The man then "pushed me and said, 'Yeah, this is a
  robbery'." He wrestled with the man and, in the scuffle, pulled off his
  mask. He recognized the robber as Joel D. Peterson, 30, who had earlier
  allegedly tried to fill forged prescriptions. (Milwaukee Journal
  Sentinel) ...Which Weiler knew were forged because there's no such
  thing as "Smart Pills".

  Now this funny came from this site.This is True by Randy Cassingham - Weird but True News from Around the World

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morn Julie, hope your day is off to a good start.
Sug

Anonymous said...

Here to you getting back to your old plan and taking charge!!!! hope all is well with you!  Take care Julie and have a wonderful week!  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I have 30lbs to loose....for me...all I have to do is work out and the weight comes off fast...but havent worked out in 1.5 years...I'm scared to go walking...lol....I need to do it...I cant fit into any of my clothes...-Raven

Anonymous said...

I know a few people that don't trust the bottled water.  Me? I drink it all <sigh>.  I'll probably regret it in years to come because I do drink LOTS of water <sigh>.
Love your graphics today.  The dividers are so cute!  And the name siggy is so pretty.  I had one made too!
Enjoy the catfish.  I hope they aren't making you CLEAN the fish??
Pam

Anonymous said...

wow!  i made your journal!  :)  thanks...thats pretty cool.  good luck on the weight loss project.  i've not had much to say in that area lately, either....aaarrrggghhhh!!!!  i've even gained back the few i lost!  oh well...today is a new day...one day at a time.  :)  good luck with today!
gina