Monday, October 9, 2006

Oh No, Winter is coming

   This is our forecast for Wednesday. 

Wednesday: A chance of rain and snow before 10am, then a slight chance of snow. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly sunny, with a high near 44. Breezy, with a north northwest wind between 15 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Blustery, with a northwest wind between 20 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

 

    You know I love the seasons, truly, but I really love spring, summer and fall best.   Cold traps you in the house, makes every drive a challenge, makes me wear bulking unflattering clothes. 

   Actually pretty much everything is unflattering lately.  The clothes out there are awful.   If I was a size 6 hispanic 16 year old female I would be in hog heaven.  However as a overweight going on senior citizen I am less then pleased with the selections.  I don't want midi-baring, form-fitting, clinging, sparkling, transparent clothes.  I don't want 5 inch heels with sequins on them.    I don't want cut to the navel and the butt crack tops.  On the other side of this is I don't want old lady clothes either.  There has got to be a happy medium I can afford. 

       They do make clothes I like.  It I was wealthier I could dress like I want or if I was talented I could make clothes I like.  I am neither.  Somebody make some affordable attactive clothes for mature size late middle-aged women, PLEASE.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Snow!  Imagine that. Sounds like bike riding is out for the time being. Stay warm. Helen

Anonymous said...

snow here overnight:(

Deb

Anonymous said...

Almost that time for us too, won't be long.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Hey...I am a size 6, hispanic female...ok, so I'm not 16 years old!!  I find it difficult to find clothes that fit, too.  Why does everything have to be form fitting?  It fits, but it doesn't look right on someone my age...AND, why is everything so low cut??  I absolutely hate shopping for clothes!!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Awwww.....the snow.  I can't wait.  In Indiana we usually get a good snow around Thanksgiving.  Waiting.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would want to live where it's as cold as you are, Julie, but I sure wish it were a bit cooler here in Southern California.  At least it's dropped down into the upper 60's during the day.. FINALLY!  Only down in the 50's at night though.  That's about as good as it gets here.  Once in a while we might get lucky enough to put a freakin' sweater on!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie.  Getting cooler here too. Not COLD yet...but cooler.  I shop at Lane Bryant.  I love to buy stuff online. It always fits me perfect and they do have a lot of stuff to choose from for my taste.....which is casual.
Let me know if you have luck there.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Heck I dont want those clothes at my age either...I live in my jogging pants because they have enough spandex where I dont feel like I'm wearing anything...I love over sized shirts too...comfy...is what its about

Anonymous said...

I live in the land of eternal summer (Florida - it will be in the 80s today) and I only find myself jealous in the fall, because I miss seeing the leaves change. But it seems like you didn't even have much of a fall up there if snow is already on the way!! Geez, you went from summer to winter with only a minute of fall, huh? I think it's more gradual on the east coast than the midwest. Their temps are still pretty moderate with no snow in the forecast.

Oh well, if I were you, I'd make a big pot of chili, stew or soup, and start a fire in the fireplace. Wow, that sounds soooo good to moi!!

:) Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, I finally found your journal again...lol.  I have to agree on the clothes thing.  I'll be 53 soon.  I'm overweight and hate the selections.  I also like seasons changing but hate winter.  I was just looking at your photo journal....awesome!  Chris

Anonymous said...

Burrrr!  just started getting cold her...and my man is so bad at getting the heater up and going!!!  I hate to be cold...but love the look of all the seasons...Hope you have a great week!  TerryAnn