Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Doesn't it just figure

   Occasionally I write an entry I am pretty proud of.  It seems to hit the right cords with me and say what I am feeling that day.  The words seem to flow without effort as I wax prose worthy of the best writer.   I proofread the copy, laughing in the right places and feeling pretty darn proud that someone of my limited literary skills could produce something so true, so worthy of putting on the net and then.......... my computer crashes before I can save it.  All my profound thoughts lost in the empty space of an entry not saved.   Does this ever happen when I am am saying something as stupid as the weather is clear today?    No, it is when I am bearing my soul, telling my darkest secrets about life and what horrors it took to mold into the person I am today.  Can I repeat the entry,    No, not with the passion I had the first time.   Maybe it wasn't suppose to be told......Maybe the secret was to be carried to my grave.   Is AOL the all knowing, knowing when to keep quiet, when to stop the words from pouring forth from my lips, forever silenced to keep the secrets to my tomb.  Only the shadow knows.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same, exact thing happened to me last week and I just didn't have the energy to try and say everything all over again!!!  

I really need to find out how people do things offline and then just post them in the journal.  I think I need to try that.

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

been there but usaully its aol that drops the ball with me:) have a good week hope you are doing better

Deb

Anonymous said...

I hate when that happens.  I believe that you got it out of you, with all the emotion and raw passion you were supposed to, but it was only meant for you.  Don't you feel better anyway??  Glad to hear you are feeling better...
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

I shudder each time I hit "save".....it's happened too often to me, also! I try and remember to copy it first now, but sometimes I forget. I'm sure you were able to purge your feelings just by writing it.......

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Sometimes things happens for the best,who Knows? I do hate it when I have an entry finished and lose it. I usually just forget it until another time. Have a good day today! Helen