Monday, May 1, 2006

Monday

                                                          

   It is 1 and I am awake again and drinking coffee so I can wake up enough to do my chores.  I slept 4 hours which is about right to make sure I sleep tonight.   What a hectic night at work last night it was.  Cranky old men in every hall.  I asked one man if he always was this cranky and he snapped, No only when I get drug out bed at 6 in the morning, stripped buck naked and  stuck in a lukewarm shower.  I agreed I would probably be cranky also.  But as he was going to surgery it could not be helped nd  he sure smelled a site better after the shower though.

     I ate fair last night.  Did have a cupcake.  I will see what damage that did when I total my calories.  Weirdly I do feel like my PJ's are looser here so will see what happens Wed.  I have been searching the web for motivation and revisited my pryamid.  Great site. 

            My Pyramid

Based on the information you provided and the average needs for your age, gender and physical activity [Age: 51, Sex: female, Physical Activity: 30 to 60 Minutes] your results indicate that you should eat these amounts from the following food groups daily.

Your results are based on a 1800 calorie pattern*.


Grains 6 ounces

Vegetables 2.5 cups

 

Fruits 1.5 cups

 

Milk 3 cups

 

Meat & Beans 5 ounces

1. Make Half Your Grains Whole


Aim for at least 3 whole grains a day

2 Vary Your Veggies


Aim for this much every week:

Dark Green Vegetables = 3 cups weekly
Orange Vegetables = 2 cups weekly
Dry Beans & Peas = 3 cups weekly
Starchy Vegetables = 3 cups weekly
Other Vegetables = 6 1/2 cups weekly


Oils & Discretionary Calories


Aim for 5 teaspoons of oils a day

Limit your extras (extra fats & sugars) to 195 Calories

   At MyPyramid.gov you can figure out how much you need to eat everyday and keep track of your progress.  The above is based on an 1800 calorie and I am not sure if they mean that is what I need to (horrors) maintain my weight at my age and lifestyle, which means I have to cut down more then I have been for sure, or that I would lose at this rate.  It is a great site though and lots of great information.

   I also found this while looking for the correct way to do the step class tomorrow and will use this quideline when I do my treadmill.  It is pretty close to what I do anyway.

Treadmill Running/Walking program

Time                     Activity

1 minute..... Walk, jog or run on an incline steep enough to fatigue your muscles (start with a 5% incline and adjust accordingly)

1 minute..... Recover on a flat surface (continue with the same activity you started with - walking, jogging or running - throughout the course of the session)

 2 minutes.... On an incline

1 minute.... Recover

3 minutes..... On an incline

1 minute.... Recover

4 minutes ......On an incline

1 minute .....Recover

5 minutes.....On an incline

1 minute.... Recover

4 minutes..... On an incline

1 minute.... Recover

3 minutes.... On an incline

1 minute.... Recover

2 minutes... On an incline

1 minute..... Recover

1 minute.... On an incline Cool-down: Slowly drop your heart rate by reducing intensity for five minutes.

    This is suppose to be great for the gluts.

   Well, I will write later tonight after I figure out my calorie total.  Since I am not sure what to do about supper tonight I can't plan ahead.  I should have gotten the black bean soup in the slow cooker.  That would have been good tonight.

   My total turned out to be a bust because we ate out and I had beer.  There is no hope for me but it sure tasted good after the weekend I had.

                                Your Nutrition Information

                                 Actual                             Target

Calories........             2,050                              1500

Calories from Fat....... 440                              280 - 530

Total Fat ....................51g                               32 - 61g

Saturated Fat.............. 15g                              <= 17g

Cholesterol................ 120mg                          < 300mg

Sodium..................... 1,690mg                       < 2400mg

Total Carbohydrate..... 213g                            180 - 260g

Dietary Fiber................ 16g                               >= 25g

Sugars.......................... 40g                                   *

Protein.......................... 55g                            41 - 142g

Vitamin A * *

Vitamin C 40% 100%

Calcium 25% 100%

Iron 150% 100%

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your plan looks great! Just stick to it!!! It takes time, just plan on one day at a time, after all took a while to put the lbs on!!!
I tell myself freq that I can do it...just takes a long time, since it took a long time to put it all on! ;0)
Where did you get your plan from?
Hugs,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

I like that treadmill plan.  I might try something like that on my treadmill here at home.  
Pamela