Saturday, May 6, 2006

Planting

                                                

        My husband said, "What is with you women.  Every spring you all start needing to plant flowers all over, it's like an obcession with you".  

        It is true, most of the people you see at the green houses are women.  Most of the gardens are put in by women.  I don't seem to be able to, or really want to for that matter, control myself each spring from the want and joy of putting my flowers and veggies in. 

      I like playing in the dirt.  I like watching them grow and be beautiful.  I love smelling my flowers and home picked tomato's can not be beat. 

        You do see men doing it but not as often as the women.  We nurture and are born to plant things and watch them.  As broke as I am I still spend money on my plants.  He will admit though he likes the flowers and way the house looks when they are all in bloom.  Like the little red hen's friends, he likes the produce also.  Weeding, well thats another matter.

   So anyway the planting is almost done.  We bought a new started for the rider which was $100.00!  We really need it because we have so much lawn to mow.  Takes all day otherwise.  My grass is so long it has gone to seed and will be hard to mow this first time.  Once in the other yard we let it get so long Rick ran over a rabbits nest.  The horror of that won't be forgotten soon and now we do a walk-a-bout to make sure there aren't any before we mow.

 

                                         

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This entry made me laugh.  It's soooo true!!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

I am a new reader to your journal. First I would like to congratulate you on your tremendous weight loss journey. You have a great sense sense of humor. I also love gardening but have had to cut back to almost nil this season on account of a bad back. You have a way of making your entries interesting. Now me I am a person with few words. But I do love photography so I have a good many pictures on my journal. Come on over and check it out and if you like it you are welcome to visit anytime you wish. Helen

Anonymous said...

P.S. Guess you can't visit without an address LOL. Here it is. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi, Julie...nice to meet ya...Sugar passed me your link...she is a sweetheart....i have added you to my alerts...
i read over at "Hey I'm Country" that she thought it was odd that men needed big toys like lawn mowers, leaf blowers, trucks, motorcycles...and you name it...and they think our makeup, hair, flowers etc is crazy....You know maybe we are crazy...give me a new Z-28 convertable skip the flowers...LOL  Actually I enjoy the gardening thing too...but..dh toys keep my garden to a min.   Enjoyed the entry...Hugs, TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I love to play in the dirt too.  There's nothing like kicking your shoes off, putting on some old jeans and going out to play in the mud and dirt.  I have flowers too, lots and lots of flowers.  I'll have to get a camera and take some pictures for you.
My cosmoes are going crazy, I'll have fresh flowers all summer.
Hey, can I please have the weight you loose?  I only want about 15 pounds.  Maybe lots of hugs will do it.
Today is a good day. Don't ever let anyone tell you that if you pray over your children it doesn't work.  Emily is a new person today and it's such a relief from the last few months.  Praise God who is responsible for all blessings.  Hey, take that Satan, in your face.  haha

Anonymous said...

I asked a few of my readers to come visit you, maybe you can get yourself a little following started. Just remember to visit those who leave links, & on a regular basis! ;0)
I see several have already sarted coming by, these J-Landers are a great bunch! Esp those that read my journal!!!
Good luck!
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Nice journal and I applaude you for the weight loss journay