Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Last Day off

                        

   

Baked Custard
2 eggs
2 cups whole milk, scalded
1/3 cup
Whey Low Granular sugars
1/2 tsp. vanilla (optional)
1/4 tsp. salt

Beat eggs, Whey Low, and salt slightly to mix. Stir in scalded milk. Add vanilla. Pour into 6 custard cups or 1 1/2-quart baking dish, and set in pan of hot water (1" deep). Sprinkle a little nutmeg over the top(s). Bake at 350º F for 45 minutes (or just until a silver knife inserted 1" from the edge comes out clean). Immediately remove from oven. Serve chilled.

[Each serving has a caloric value of 104 Calories, a 17% reduction in calories from the same custard made with table sugar.]

   I make this custard with no fat milk, forgot to add that which cuts down on the calories and fat content even more.

      I am so excited as I just found out they are going to start selling my favorite sugar substitute in stores.  I could never find one that didn't have a nasty after taste but Whey Low really does taste just like sugar.  Love it.

Natural Sugar Substitute, Whey Low, Tastes Just Like Sugar

     Well I am writing this with some doubts that it will post. Aol, always keeps you on your toes. I either lose everything as it won't let me save it or it double posts my entry making me look silly. Now I can't change the font or color yet. Hopefull by the time I am done I will be able to.

The week goes by so fast. I was pretty busy but was able to get some housework done and watched some movies. We watched Dirty Filthy Love. No it was not like it sounded. Its a moving about someone with obsessive-compulsive disorder and Tourette syndrome. Since we have a couple of friends with OCD it was interesting and the movie is done nicely, not insultingly.

     I have had my shredding wheat and then a great salad for lunch.  We went to the gym for 2 1/2 hours and I had a great workout but my heel was killing me on the treadmill.   I have been terrible at keeping to my plan. Just because I am exercising doesn't mean I can eat whatever I want. I do get jealous though of people who can eat whatever they want and not gain weight.

A friend at work was talking about her typical meal, meat potatoes of some sort and veggies, dessert every night and usually a snack before bed. They pretty much eat like that everyday because her husband is a real meat and potato type guy. She eats a good breakfast, usually has a sandwich for lunch with chips and never works out. She is thin and has always been thin. I have seen her eat 5 slices of pizza and a large piece of cake at a sitting. I gain weight watching her eat! She burns calories like I burn leaves. It runs in her family.

My family for the most part tends to be large. Except for my brother we all have to watch what we eat. I have one son who takes after me. He is very overweight even though he probably eats less then my skinny son who takes after my husband. My husband eats huge portions at a sitting. He ends almost every night with a candy bar. Although he is now getting a small gut in his middle years he for the most part stays thin. If he ate exactly what I eat he would probably drop 30 pounds in a month. Do I get jealous? Yes! But there is nothing I can do about it so that is that. I meditate and get past the unfairness of it all.

I am still keeping track of my calories but not posting it here. That gets time consuming. I am averaging around 1600 for last week. I would like it to be lower so it is a good thing I will be back to work. I do better lately at work since so many of us are dieting.

I also am going to get Epsom salts for my heel. Thanks Deb and Sugar for the suggestion. It feels better this morning. Maybe the inserts are helping as morning and late evening are the worst.

Also thanks for the comments of my bike ride. I had fun taking the pictures and although it took alot of time to make the page it was fun. Hope to see some of your towns soon.

AAARRRGGGHHH. I am sitting here trying to save my entry and it won't work. What a surprise. Now I will have to copy and paste so I won't lose it.  It is now 3 hours later and I can finally post this.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie let me know if the salt helps ok:) i know with mine it sure made my feet feel a whole lot better:) do you stand on hard floors alot? might look into new shoes just ofr that also

Deb

Anonymous said...

My family has the weight gene and it's hard as we gain weight really fast. <sigh> Hopefully I had nipped it in the bud for me.......time will tell :) The Baked Custard sounds yummy, thanks for sharing.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~