Friday, May 26, 2006

Short entry

   Hello everyone.  Hope everyone is going to have a nice holiday weekend and a long one.  I am working but that is just fine as I love the holiday pay.

  Work was busy last night.  We had one lady who decided it was taking too long to pick up her supper tray so she threw it on the floor!   It had been 5 minutes since she called.  Yes she is alert,,...manners.Apparently was never taught any.  I can never understand rudeness and bad manners in people.  She said she wanted a nurse assigned to take care of just her.  We told her about the different agencies in town where she could hire a nurse to do private duty and she was really hot.  "For what I am paying for this room I don't need to pay even more for my own nurse!"

Could you imagine what that would be like if each patient had their own nurse on every floor.  Just imagine what your bill would be like then. Anyway it was otherwise a good night.

   I ate well last night, stuck to my plan and refused the cookies someone made.  I wore my inserts in my Croc's and they were pretty comfy.  I had some pre packaged tapioca pudding though that was nasty.  When I make the sugar free and cook it on the stove you can't taste the difference but you sure can getting the little packs of it.  I will make mine at home and bring it from now on.

    The bid on my camera will be done in 20 hours.  So far I am still the high bidder but that will could change quickly tomorrow.  I won't be awake when they close so hope someone doesn't increase their bid by a quarter each time until I am outbid.  I have bid as high as I plan to though so if I don't get this one will go get the one at staples.

    My insurance company finally paid my bill and the hospital adjusted my bill so instead of $7000.00 I now only owe $245.  What a huge,huge relief.  I was feeling pretty selfish about my breast reduction when I saw how much out of pocket is was going to cost me.  Now I can be happy again with my choice. I can justify buying the camera because I need a new one for my on line business.

    Well, Rick is making supper and I want to soak my foot before work.  I am noticing some improvement and it wasn't so painful when I got our of bed this afternoon.  Thanks again for all the suggestion.  Now does anyone know how to make me skinny and beautiful overnight?  Just kidding. 

   I have been reading all my alerts to your journals but don't get to visit each one on my work days.  I don't have enough time but I do read the alerts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good night at work.  I hope your foot holds out ok and doesn't bother you.  
Good luck on the camera.  I hope you get it!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

glad the salt is helping:) have a good weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

Well that lady is dreaming to want one of you to stay in there with her. lol....it's kind of funny and crazy. good luck with the camera and yay on the hospital bill.  That's great news!  And Have a super fantastic holiday weekend!  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Hi, hope you get the camera, it is justified as you do need it for your work. I am feeling really fat today, so if you find that miracle cure for the overnight beauty and slim pack, would join you.but we are all beautiful, and we must think ourselves slim. Glad you are feeling beter. What are your croc's? shoes?
Rach.xxxx