Saturday, May 6, 2006

Beautiful Saturday

                                                    

                         What Do Fish Say When They Hit a Concrete Wall?

                                                 

                                      ( scroll to bottom for answer)

  It has all the promise of being a wonderful and beautiful day.  The weather man has promised 70's.  Today I plan on planting my tomatoes in my planters.  I do container gardening and the cherry tomatoes do wonderful in pots.  We get tomatoe food from Mosher's which is the best I have found for make huge producing plants.  Hundreds of tomatoes super sweet.  Last year I did my big tomatoes in pots also but even in the huge pots I use they got root bound using this super food.  This year I am planting them.  I also got my bedding plants, petunia's which bloom all year long until the first frost.  Should be very pretty.

   First thing today I have to run to the post office and bank, but then plan on doing yard work the rest of the day.  I am going to go to the gym this afternoon and if the lawn gets done a bike ride this evening after supper.        

     For supper tonight we are grilling something.  Not sure what but it will be grilled.  I am going to pick up some sweet potato's and I got some wonderful strawberries so I am going to get an angel food cake and low fat whipped cream for stawberry shortcake tonight.  I will cut the strawberries and make the juice using whey low so it will be pretty low in calories.  Figures I would have dessert figured out before the meal. 

   I am not sure what is going on with my asthma.  I went to get my plants yesterday and had a horrible time in the greenhouse with all the flowers and then some ladies perfume sent me off on a coughing spell and I had trouble breathing.  Is this how it starts.  No problems for 51 years and then everything and anything will start me off?  I was really feeling bad and the Advair isn't they type of med you take as needed.  I may have to call Dr Stewart and see if there is something I can take at times like that or maybe once the Advair starts to work I won't have problems anymore.  He said it takes a week. .                               

                                                   Dam!

 

              CHICKEN WITH HERBED VEGETABLE SAUCE

This recipe can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 small zucchini, cut into thin strips
1 small leek (white and pale green parts only), cut into thin strips
4 2-inch-long pieces celery, cut into thin strips
1/2 medium carrot, cut into thin strips
3 garlic cloves, minced
12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
8 large fresh basil leaves, sliced

Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and half of thyme. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plate. Add zucchini, leek, celery, carrot, garlic and remaining thyme. Sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes. Return chicken to skillet, nestling chicken among vegetables. Pour in broth; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter. Add basil and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; spoon sauce over chicken.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning!
Would you mind if I sent a few of my readers over to visit you?
I notice you don't have many readers. mostly Liz & me! But you may prefer that, let me know.
Hugs, SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day to me!  You're right. Nothing like home grown tomatos!!  They are the BEST!  
Great recipe...I'll try it.  Enjoy your day!
Pamela