Monday, May 15, 2006

Yah for a day off

   Work was absolutely wicked last night, busy and filled with sorrow as we had an infant death which always makes everyone sad and upset.   I worked 4 hours on my floor and then 8 1/2 on the surgical floor.   My feet are killing me and I am ready to sleep awhile.  I will only sleep until around 1 today and then get up as I have to mail a package that I sold and then that way I can sleep tonight.

   I porked out at supper last night with the egg pie Rick made, it was delicious, and he baked an apple pie which I had a piece of also.  I suppose one off day plan will cause me to gain everything I lost on my 2 weeks on plan.  That's the way it works.  2 weeks to lose, 2 seconds to put it back on.

  I want to hit the gym today as I haven't been since Thursday but might not get there until tomorrow.  One day off really isn't going to cut it this week as busy as we were all weekend.  Oh well, 2 more days and then 7 off.

   My son from out of town called and wished me happy mothers day and I talked to my grandchildren.  My granddaughter went fishing for the first time and caught her first fish all by herself.  I felt sad as I always said I wanted to be the one to teach her to fish.  Then they move 1000 miles away.  Sad.  My son the lives with us didn't say a thing but he was gone to work before I got up.  He was the most thoughtful child and very affectionate.  Not much as an adult.  I should have had a daughter.

   Well, I am going to bed and sleep, sleep, sleep. 

                  

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a nice wkend. Don't worry about the "one day off" just get back on your plan & you'll be fine! :)
Sorry you had such a bad night at work. :(
Hope this week is good for you!
Hugs, SUGAR

Anonymous said...

So sad when an infant passes...you sound so busy...
While my son was in the hospital I see and have so much respect for the nurses and their job.  So happy your son called you on Mother's Day...how nice.  So cute about your granddaughter fishing experience.  I pray your son changes as time passes...we only have one Mom and I am sure you are one of the best...hugs and love,
joyce

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had such a bad night at work.  I hope you have a better week.              Pamela