Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Last Night at work

             If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?

  As you can see on my long stretch at work I write very little and then on my long stretch off I write non stop.

      Today is my weigh in day.  I have decided not to.  Since I went so badly off course Sunday and Monday I just do not feel like facing the music today.  I am too tired.  I would think the way I have run at work I would have worked off all the calories but I know from past experience it doesn't work that way.  I also know 2 days off plan can ruin 2 weeks on plan so I just don't want to know right now.  I will weigh myself tomorrow before my doctor appointment.

   I see my doctor that did my breast reduction tomorrow.  I think she will do the final pictures and release me. 

     It is hard to believe it has been 4 months already.  For those who just started reading this I had a breast reduction Jan 11th due to severe back pain between my shoulder blades.  I have a couple of herniated discs and they thought that might help.  I kept putting it off, but finally had the surgery and am happy to report it took away about 90% of the pain I was having.  If I had know it would be that successful I would have done it years ago when they suggested it.  I am extremely happy with the results and with not having to rely on pain medication all the time.  I was in constant pain for around 10 years so this really was a miracle for me.  Not to mention all the cute frilly bra's I can buy for the first time in my life.

          Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"

   Yesterday I took my lasix because I am having some trouble  with swelling.  I took it around 9 am and it kicked in around 7:30 pm.  Right in the middle of my admit I had to run out around 3 times and then I had leg cramps all morning while I was trying to sleep.  My legs do look better though. 

   At work last night I had left over jambalaya and 2 rice cakes then dry cherrio's in the morning for a snack.  Rick is making brauts for supper which I will eat plain and I think I will make some brussel spouts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your results are going well!!!
Hate to hear of the leg cramps, following the Lasix! GRRR
Have a good evening, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you'd had that surgery.  I'm so glad it helped you.  What a relief for you, huh?
Have a good evening...........Pamela

Anonymous said...

good luck at the docs!  I didn't know you had a breast reduction.  I'm glad it helped.  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

glad you are not in pain now, I love the idea of the frilly bra's, lol
Rach.xxx If I think i put on weight, i leave ww for another week and stay good.

Anonymous said...

So happy the surgery helped...I know a few people that have had the same surgery..and it does work.  As for the leg cramps...hope they do not come back...get some rest...hugs and love, trying to get caught up.
Joyce