Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Overcome Your Weight Loss Plateau

            What's The Difference Between Roast Beef And Pea Soup?

                             (Scroll to bottom to see answer)

 Well, weigh-in is here and I weight the exact same that I did last week.  I am not surprised.  All I have to do is look back at my less then wonderful eating for the last week.  I am angry at myself that it is taking me so long to get my act together.  However, I do think I am getting there.  I know, I know,......everyone has heard this before, but I am feeling like I am getting my determination back. 

     The gym is having a biggest loser contest.  I have never watched the show, no TV remember, but I am going to join.  Something about weighing in in front of people with 0 body fat will motivate me I am sure.  Also I am off after tonight for the next 7 days and will be doing the cooking.  I will be on plan and cooking right.  Rick and I need to sit down and once again talk about how I need him to help me.  He lost weight when I started this but is creeping back again.  He doesn't need to lose much, maybe 10 pounds lucky man, but still, he does hurt my efforts by cooking some very fattening foods. 

   I haven't been to the gym since Monday.  Somehow I have to work in a workout during my long stretch.  Since they are going to force us to take a 1/2 hour lunch break and stay longer I will use it to walk the long hall for a mile.

  Now after all of the above I have to run to the store.  We are having a pot luck at work tonight for one of the girls birthday. I want to get some wraps.   Last night for nurses appreciation week the hospital fed us.  Yes I cheated justifing it by saying I deserved it, they owed me, blah blah blah blah.

   Off the weight loss subject but I read this very eye opening article and thought I would share.  We have all gotten these in our emails and this really made me think.   Writing.Com: Whose Work Are You Stealing?

                                Anyone Can Roast Beef.

                                    Your Nutrition Information

                                       Actual                                      Target

Calories.......................... 1,700                                      1500

Calories from Fat.............. 430                                        280 - 530

Total Fat........................... 50g                                        32 - 61g

Saturated Fat.................... 14g                                          <= 17g

Cholesterol........................230mg                                     < 300mg

Sodium............................ 2,780mg                                   < 2400mg

Total Carbohydrate........... 198g                                        180 - 260g

Dietary Fiber 18g >= 25g

Sugars 56g *

Protein 113g 41 - 142g

Vitamin A * *

Vitamin C 60% 100%

Calcium 30% 100%

Iron 130% 100%

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't gain any weight this week!!