Friday, May 5, 2006

Whats for supper

   I just go back from the gym.  Good workout today.  I did the treadmill routine listed in an earlier post and it really works you.  Then I did my usual weight lifting and weight machines.  This is one of my favorite exercises.  It really works your bottom and I can tell it works by how sore I was the first few times I used it.  I can really see it and feel after this many months.    I have one firm bottom.  Rick got sick at the end so we cut it short, but I was finished anyway so that was fine.  I am seeing more and more heavy set people at the gym.  That is so good because for years I was too self-conscious to go to a gym.  I am glad most people don't let that stop them.  When I am working out next to someone who looks like this, it can be intimidating.     

      It is cool today so I am not sure if we will ride the bike, but I am going to get the hand mower out and start on my lawn.  I can't stand the way it looks.  I also want to get the rest of my bedding plants at the store and put them in.      

     I had slim fast for breakfast today and a turkey sandwich for lunch.  Supper is going to be the recipe below.  This is a good recipe that we really like and I will make some wild rice to go with it.  That and a large salad will complete the meal.  I have already had around 36 ounces of water.

 

  

  Spinach-Stuffed Salmon Fillets
Provided by: The South Beach Diet Online
Submit a recipe photo
"Fresh salmon stuffed with a hearty filling of spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and pesto. Delicious!"
Original recipe yield: 2 servings.
Servings:
2 (change)
INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
  • Pinch salt
  • Pinch freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 (10 ounce) package baby spinach, coarsely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pine nuts
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Make a slit two-thirds of the way through the center of each salmon fillet making sure not to cut all the way through. Season each fillet with the salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine the spinach, pesto, tomatoes, and pine nuts. Spoon 1/3 cup of the mixture into each slit.
  2. Arrange the fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes or until the spinach mixture is heated through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

people shouldn't feel bad about going to the gym.  we are all there for the same reason and its to become healthier.  keep up the great work and thanks for the recipe.  I love salmon
christina

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe.  I'm gonna try it!!
Pamela