Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Today is the Day

Since chocolate comes from cocoa beans, is it OK to consider it a vegetable?(Sadly, the answer to that is "no.")

      Well, I am dressed and ready to go to the doc's.  Let the torture begin!  I think the worse part will be the needle in the toe to numb it.  I sure will be glad when it is done.  I am hoping to go fishing afterward.

     I was moaning and growning about how slow my weight loss was these days to my husband in spite of all our changes in how we eat.  He told me something that really made me think.

    Maybe your losing so slowly because your at the weight you are mean't to be! He said.

    I had to stop and examine what he said.  I have always been heavy.  After menopause and quitting smoking though I really packed it on.  Fast.  Now that I have lost I think a total of 56 pounds,  I am back to what I normally used to weigh for most of my adult life. 

   He said the reason I originally wanted to lose weight was to get healthier and I am now.  I exercise regularly,  ride my bike, hike....My blood pressure is good, low even, and  I feel like I have peeled 15 years off of my life.

    I thought about what he said but I am not going to stop.  I can't believe I am mean't to be this heavy so I am going to continue on.  I just have to be content with the slowness that is my plan.  Someone mentioned it should help the skin shrink along with the weight loss and they are right.  Losing slow and exercising I have little problem with it.  Not that I would turn down I free tummy tuck, LOL.

   Well, I am off.  Thanks for everyone's well wishes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the toe today. If you go on to fish, good luck fishing also. Helen

Anonymous said...

I think slow weight loss is the best way, you sound very fit,so carry on and you will see a difference, after all, look how well you have done.Husbands can get insecure when you lose weight because they love us as we are.I hate being overweight,but it is a slow process.
Good luck with the 'toe'
Rach.xx

Anonymous said...

good luck and I pray it doesn't hurt one bit
Christina

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the Doc's office.  I hope it's not horrible like the last time!  
Maybe hubby is right.  There is a certain weight that our bodies feel "good" at.  Mine is about 25lbs higher than what the charts say I should weigh.  I reach that point and my body refuses to lose any more.  It's weird.
In fact, my doc says he likes it when people have about 25 extra on them for what he calls "reserve" when they get sick.  As a nurse, I've found that the ones that have a little extra do better when they come to me.  The REALLY skinny people don't usually do as well.
Let us know how your doc visit went.
Pamela

Anonymous said...

I do hope all went well at the doctors...fishing sounds like fun and relaxing...
Interesting facts about cocoa beans...
I think losing weight slowly is the only way to go!!!!
Hugs,
Joyce