Sunday, May 21, 2006

Another Day in Paradise

     As I read more journal on line and get to visit more places across the world by looking at their pictures I find my horizon's widening.  The Internet really is an amazing thing the way it is opening up the world.  I spent the morning watching videos on line.  How neat is that!  Soon that will be common.

   I have been looking at getting a different digital camera.  Helen from My Everyday Life has one I have been checking out and will probably buy.  I am going to pack up my old 35 mm and all my lenses and sell it.  There are about $500.00 worth of lenses alone and the hard case and travel case were expensive also.  It is mostly manual and I would like something more automatic plus digital is really the way to go.  I have a great printer so it works out.  It is hard to get good photo paper without spending a fortune though.

    I am alittle sore after our ride yesterday which surprises me.  My arms!  On some of the hills  I had to stand to pedal so maybe that was it.  Just when you think you're in good shape you do something a little bit different and boom, sore muscles.  Its good to use different ones.  I told Rick I want a big funky straw hat to wear when we are riding with flowers on it.  And a basket with flowers on for the bike.  He said to go ahead as long as I don't mind riding alone!  Hard to funky sometimes.  He did say I wasn't old enough yet for that get up which is sweet.

   I did step on the scale this morning and am the same this week.  No gain, no loss.  We had a fairly large meal yesterday so that didn't help.  My son is working tonight so I will make something lighter.  Haven't the foggiest what it will be though.  I bought a cruisinart mini food chopper for a dollar at the auction yesterday and it does great at chopping.  How nice on onions and garlic.  Why did I wait 51 years to get one of these?  The price was great also.  It should make preparing some of our meals easier and faster. 

       I also bought a new roaster as mine has a pin size hole on the bottom and a talking clock.  Why the talking clock.  SUCKER me couldn't resist it for 50 cents.  I don't need another clock, especially one that every hour in a perky little voice tells you what time it is.  Just what you need to know on those long nights you have trouble falling asleep.....it is now 1 am.........it is now 2 am........it is now 3 am....... break the darn thing but I love a bargain.   Did I buy anything to sell in my shop, no because the things they had worth anything to sell were also broken.  Sigh.

   Anyway except for some gym time this afternoon that pretty much winds up the day.  I think we will rent a movie for tonight since it is suppose to be severe weather later so no outdoor fun.  I hope no tornadoes. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if riding that much would make you sore. You did go a long ways. I have really enjoyed my camera. I went to the  circuit cty website and it apoears they have put out a model of camera a little newer than mine but it looks like the same features as mine, the last number is now a DSC-H2
and mine is a DSC-H1. I only got mine in DEC. You do need to buy a memory stick to have enough space to take more pictures. I should have got mine off ebay like I did the extra lens. Helen
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-H2-Digital-Camera/sem/rpsm/oid/149326/catOid/-13062/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Anonymous said...

You are so right about digital being the way to go.  I'm still learning how to use my first digital but I love it.  Helen does take fantastic pictures.  She captures images of birds and flowers that are absolutely stunning!  I'd love to do that someday.  Glad you didn't gain this week.  I agree with hubby....you're not ready for that straw hat get up!  LOL!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

I, for one have always loved Helen's camera and her talented use of it too.  I hope you get it and start sharing photos right away...have a great weekend.
Joyce