Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Need a Change

                                 

        For whatever reason I am just not losing anymore weight.  I go up and down 5 pounds, but nothing is staying off.  I am not exercising as much since I can't do my water aerobics and I just don't get the same workout at the gym without it.  My weight loss has ground to a stop.  I need to do something to kick start me again.  This does get very old constantly having to think about what to do to lose weight. 

   One of the problems is your body will start storing however many calories you eat.  If you stay at the same calorie level that is what your body will store figuring that is what you need to maintain your weight.  I had been careful about making sure I varied my calories from 1100 to 1800 and not in a regular pattern but lately I got lazy and ate about the same amount of calories everyday.  So I have to eat less to get my body to not store it.  I know all of this but haven't been giving it the thought I used to.

   You would think with all the changes I have made in my diet that that would be enough.  I exercise when I never used to.  I don't use real sugar, drink no fat milk, no buns and very little bread.  I never fry foods, don't use gravy.  All of these changes should be enough.  Why does it have to be SO DIFFICULT!

   Anyway, onwards.  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  We were busy at work and I hurt my back yesterday.  2 more days and I am off for my stretch.  I can't wait.  I worked OB on Saturday which was fun feeding the newborns all night.  And I get paid for it! 

   Yesterday I just enjoyed being home and outside.  My husband found a checkbook when he rode to his Mom's on his bike.  We called the people up and it turned out this elderly couple was at the cemetary putting flowers on a grave and someone stold her purse from her car.  They were so upset.  They said they saw the young man standing there but thought he was there to put flowers on also.  They parked close and had their backs turned for only a moment when he grabbed it and drove off.  Fortunately there was only $3.00 dollars in it.  He drove along going through the purse and throwing what he didn't want out the window.  She got her drivers lisence and credit cards back plus the one check book but was still missing one.  Terrible people preying on old people.  I hope they catch him.

   My back yard has been really interesting lately.  Last night I looked out and we had a large racoon, 2 young bucks, a couple of cardinels, and some other birds, bunnies and squirrels milling around eating out of the feeders.  I told me husband it looked like a petting zoo out there.  I couple of the young squirrels will come right up waiting while you fill the feeders or birdbaths.  The youngs bucks are starting to get their horns which are still all fuzzy and they look sleek and pretty.  I haven't seen any new babies yet but soon I know we will have baby deer visiting the feeders.  You have to be careful as they show no fear and will come up to you but if you try and pet them Mom will come crashing out of the woods to tear you apart.  We learned that the hard way.  Also they are usually covered with ticks so I really am not that tempted to pet them anymore.

   I am going to the gym shortly to see if I can work off a few pounds and then mail a comb I sold.  My wild and crazy hair is getting trimmed today also and then work.  It is suppose to be in the 80's all week so I can't wait for the weekend .  Fishing here I come.

    My husband is going to be hooking up our computer to cable soon.  I can't wait because it is hard to visit some of my favorite journals because it takes so long for the graphics to load if they load at all.  I won't know what to do with all the extra time!

       

    My granddaughter had her first dance recital yesterday.  She does tap and ballet.  Isn't she lovely!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW your gdtr is so precious!
You'll start losing again, your just on a stall period. :)
It's SO hard, isn't it! I hate it GRRRR. Seems when I lose some, I put it right back on. At least you have lost a lot!!!
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, a big change will jump start your weight loss again, such as drastically cutting salt...   However, I really think that since EVERYBODY hits those plateaus, our reducing bodies must need the "time out."  
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have been reading your journal for a few weeks and it has been very helpful.  I started WW 3 weeks ago tomorrow and have lost 11 lbs so far.  The problem is now I am stuck for the last few days at the same weight.  I was reading your entry about how you vary your calorie intake.  Can you please let me know how to do that and also what that is suppose to do for you.  I would really appriciate it, if you could help me out.
Christina

Anonymous said...

Your body gets really tricky once you start losing weight. It wants to hold onto it, so you have to come up with ways to shake it loose again. Over the years, I've figured out a few interesting ways to do it.

If you're looking for some more pointers on fitness, nutrition, and the like, I've got an audio podcast called <a href="http://www.fatguygetsfit.com">Fat Guy Gets Fit</a>. It's a weekly show that covers fitness, nutrition, self-esteem, and more. I'd love to know what you think of it. Maybe you'll hear something on there that will translate into another 2 pounds for next week!

-- Chris Brogan...

Anonymous said...

losing weight is hard:( hope you lose the weight you want to soon:) have a great week:) love the pic of your grand daughter what a cutie

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi, I seem to have reached that point of not losing weight this week, put on a pound but had a change of diet and biggest mistake, cheese, even a feta cheese greek salad must have been too much. Need motivation without being obsessed, but have given all my bigger clothes away now..lol.We will make it, just write everything down from tomorrow, I am.
Rach.xxx

Anonymous said...

Losing weight has been a lifelong battle for me.  I've seemed to have given up for the moment.  Hopefully, I won't gain in the meantime.  I love the picture of your granddaughter. She looks like a little princess ballerina!
Pamela