Sunday, May 7, 2006

What, No Coffee!

             

               

              Look at the beautiful tag that Roxy made and Sugar sent me. Sugar also sent me some others that are very pretty.  Talented people out there. Isn't it pretty.  Wish I had one like it to wear.  Thanks Roxy, I love it!

      I woke up this morning to horrible news.  Coffee all over my counter and not a drop in the pot!  What a mess and what a bad way to start the day, no coffee.  I really need my coffee in the morning.  I dug out my french press and made some which is great coffee, but you have to make it 2 cups at a time and it is messy.

   Why is it when you come into a little cash something always breaks costing, surprisingly enough, exactly what little money you came into?  Do I look at it as good news that I happened to have the cash just when I needed it, or bad news that I had extra cash and have to spend it on something boring like a coffeepot.  I guess good news, bad news would have been not being able to get a coffee pot until payday which would really have made me crazy.   I sold a lovely set of bookends just in time to buy me a new coffeepot, how lucky for me.  There, thats better.

   I am down 2 whole pounds this morning.  Since it is not officially my weigh day I can't count it and know from experience it may not stay off completely but I have been pretty good at keeping on plan again.  Writing down everything I eat at slim fast .com really helps me.  I simply have to count calories.  It seems to be what works for me and keeps me from cheating.

   My son works tonight so I hope to have the salmon we didn't make the other night.  For lunch I am just having a salad with tuna.  Need that Omega oils for a healthy heart and to get my cholesterol down.  I am going to get the strawberries ready.  Didn't do that yesterday either.  Best laid plans alway go astray.  I always have a plan for eating everyday but it seems lately I never follow though on the supper until a day later.

   I went for a short bike ride yesterday but we are planning a big one today.   We are riding from out house down to the bike path and to Leeds.  It will be around 14 miles round trip.  The part that will be difficult is it is all uphill to my house.  Not just small hills, but pretty good size ones.  The easiest way will be on 10th, one hill and then straight for awhile, then gradually uphill around a curve, down and then up 2 more smaller hills.......am I crazy?  Yes, but I have been working out for a long time now and I should be able to do this.  Since I had a heart cath last month and know my heart is in good shape I know it won't kill me.  I might have an asthma attack though which isn't fun.  If you never see another entry in this journal then you know it was to much for this fat old lady.

               

  Just thought I would throw in this pic of Zoey begging from me.  Pretty scary looking.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your bike ride. Hope you don't give yourself out to badly. Great pic of Zoey. Helen

Anonymous said...

Zoey is a cutie!!! Hugs from my girls to her! WOOF! ;0)
Glad to see you added your pic to the all about me section! Nice to see you there! :)
Down 2 lbs? WOOP WOOP!!! Good for you! ;)
Everyone has to find what works for them & then stick to it!
I'm having salmon tonight too, great minds think alike I gues. LOL
Blessings, SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Cute pic of Zoey!!  Enjoy the ride, but don't overdue it!!  If you get tired, just pull over and rest awhile.
Have fun!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I would have spent that cash on the coffee pot too cause I just can't live without it myself. lol  Love Zoey.  Cutie!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Love the graphics...Roxy and Sugar are really great ladies...you will find there are many great people here...hugs, TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Zoey is so cute!! My dog has the alien eye thing when I take pictures, so Zoey looks quite natural to me :)
I'm behind in your life....sorry. This is something you are going to learn very quickly about me......I FALL BEHIND in journal reading!!! I used to try to explain it, now I've come to accept this is just me.  :)
Hey...congrats on your two pounds down, even itf it's not official...it makes ya feel good and motivates you to keep going!!!! Good For You!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~