Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Back to my Diet

   Although you may understand the explanations, if you are still suffering because of problems, you clearly do not understand the true nature of your mind, your body, and your senses.

-Lama Zopa Rinpoche, "Transforming Problems Into Happiness"

Ok, now back to my diet.  I had to purge myself with the other entry. 

       Of course I hate calling it a diet since I said long ago I threw my diet out the window and will never do it again.  Now I just eat right in proper portions, most of the time.  Nothing white except my no fat milk.  

    After the last 2 days off plan, way off plan, I am going to drop my calories way down.  Breakfast is Slim fast.  Lunch will be a salad with 3 ounces of salmon.  I am making some hummus this morning and bought a hot pepper to add.  I like the heat in them.  The weather here has been cold and cloudy for days so I think some soup for supper would be great.  I have a black bean soup recipe I have been wanting to try so maybe today is the day.  That or white chili.  The recipe from South Beach is wonderful and was a huge hit.  I have chicken and I think everything but the beans.   In fact the more I write about it the better it sounds so I guess that is what I will make for supper.  I will go back in my journal and find the recipe then insert the link here in case anyone is interested.

    I am dressed and ready for the gym, just need to get off my booty and out the door.   I am going to work off the blues and exercising always makes you feel better, it releases those endomorphin's (sp)  I work the next 2 nights and then will be off for my long stretch.  I love my long stretches off.

   I haven't heard back about that other job.  I think I was more on call then they wanted.  They wanted to tell me when I would work instead of the other way around.

             Here is the link with recipe for white chili.  It is very good.

                       Wednesday Winter weight loss Weigh in

   I mentioned the chili to Rick and he already had supper plans made so we are have Shrimp Jambalaya for supper.  Tasty.  Can't complain about that but the sodium is a little on the high side.

    Everyday I read the word for today and try to use it in a sentence.  The word for today is: dilettante n. - 1) an art lover 2) a person having a superficial interest in an art or field of knowledge

   My sentence today is: As a dilettante I enjoy seeing Elaines art work she has listed on ebay.  She has the journal My Art World .   I thought is would be fun to include someone from J-land in the word for today.  Anyone else game?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back on track! :)
Have a good day!
SUGAR