Sunday, May 7, 2006

No bike Ride

                                   

                    Here is another great tag from Sugar by Lori.  So neat.

We didn't get our ride in.  Rick was mowing with the hand mower and started in with his A-fib again.  That pretty much does him in.  I did get some exercise though as I mowed for around 1 1/2 hours.  We have the starter in the rider, but the grass was so long it cuts terrible so we wanted to do the first mow with the other.  I didn't get more then 1 lot done when the pull cable started shredding.  Another expense.  The rider will have to do and it is easier on Rick. 

    I made some short cakes today for the strawberries. I used low fat buscuit mix, Whey low sugar substitute, Natural Sugar Substitute, Whey Low, Tastes Just Like Sugar , smart balance spread, and no fat milk.  We haven't eaten them yet so I have no idea how they will taste.  I have the strawberries soaking in Whey low sweetened water. 

     For all you cooks out there.  I can never get my liquid thick when I make my own strawberries for short cakes.  Does it take real sugar?  Am I adding to much liquid?  We are going to top it off with low fat whipping cream for me and half and half for Rick.

   For supper I just reheated the leftover steak and made a feta cheese omelet with peppers and onion.  I used reduced fat cheese in that also, but the eggs sure made my total for the day way up there.  My doctor would be so proud of how I follow her advice!

   I would think by eating this way all the time the way should be coming off but as I seem to lose at a snails pace it takes me forever.      

    I am getting better at this journaling as far as when I first started I wanted to abbreviate everything like I do at work.  It drives my family nuts to get letters from me.  That is getting better since we went to computers at work but it is hard to teach this old nurse new tricks sometime.  Thank goodness I remember to use spell check most of the time.

                                    Your Nutrition Information

                                      Actual                          Target

Calories                         1,330                             1500

Calories from Fat              570                         280 - 530

Total Fat                          66g                             32 - 61g

Saturated Fat                   21g                              <= 17g

Cholesterol                    830mg                         < 300mg

Sodium                         2,180mg                       < 2400mg

Total Carbohydrate            82g                          180 - 260g

Dietary Fiber                     15g                             >= 25g

Sugars                               29g                               *

Protein                              99g                           41 - 142g

Vitamin A                           *                                     *

Vitamin C                      130%                                100%

Calcium                           90%                              100%

Iron                               150%                                100%

Water                             80oz                                  >= 64 oz

    By the way, the strawberry shortcake was delicious.  If you didn't know it was all low fat and sugar substitute you couldn't have told.  A success.

    There is room for improvement on the fat intake I took in but I am not sure why it is so high.  I used low fat when possible.  It was hard to figure out the omelet so I may be messing up my total score.  The only good thing about pre-packaged foods is the nutritional  information is right there, no guessing.

     I am sitting here itching with hives.  If I am developing an allergy to strawberries I am going to be really upset.  Where are all these allergies coming from all of a sudden.  You should have heard me wheezing after doing the lawn.  I never had these kind of allergies before.  Thank goodness I have benadryl around for the dog.   

   She is allergic to bee stings and still insists on chasing them.  The first time she got stung she really looked like the Chinese Shar-Pei that she is mixed with. Fat face. 

      Looking at her you can't tell, but you can pick up huge rolls of skin on her body and her fur is extremely soft.  She has the web feet like the lab and the face looks more lab then anything else, but she isn't a swimmer.  She plays in the water but only the edges. 

    She is also fairly spoiled and it doesn't bother her at all to take over the sofa and let my husband sit on the floor.  She looks so cute lying there he doesn't have the heart to disturb her.  I however have no problem getting my piece of the couch. 

    I never let my old dog on the couch or sleep with us for that matter.  Not that I didn't love her, Idid, but I never approved of it.  My old dog was much larger also.  This one has a way of looking at you with her eyes that makes it hard to say no to.  When she is scolded she literally slinks away making you feel rotten.

      She can do about 25 tricks and learned them all in a week, but the few times she has gotten loose she won't come when she is called and runs all over the neighborhood stealing things out of peoples yard and hiding them under our camper and then tearing off again.  Finally heaving and usually smelling terrible because she found something putrid to roll in, she slinks on home looking oh so terribly sorry, I'll never do it again, but she does. 

       I have to admit to loving her deeply and she is a great dog.  When I am on the computer, she is at my feet.  When I am reading on the sofa, she is right next to me.  When I think how close she came to being put down at the humaine society I am horrified.  What a terrible waste it would have been.

                   

 

 

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That would scare me to have him A-fib like that, poor dear.
For my strawberry short cakes, I use box angel food mixed with water only, then sprinkle splenda over my strawberries & mix & let sit ahile, use light cool whip. Linda has some great recipes, bet she can help ya! ;0)
Supper sounded wonderful! Yummy
I think it's better to lose slowly anyway, hopefully not all that loose skin.
Have a great week!
Hugs,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Hello,
 Sugar said there was a new kid on the block..thought I'd stop in for a visit.  Yard work is awesome exercise.  Take care,
Dwana

Anonymous said...

That is great that you are able to mow the grass. I can no longer do that with this bad back but I used to love to do it. You might try wearing a mask while doing it to help keep down the allergies. I have done that before. Zoey looks so cute hogging the couch. The strawberry shortcake sound delish. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi, great reading..love Zoey, it's a dogs life..lol
RACH.XX

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!!   Thank you for stopping by my journal.
The end of the journey will be so worth it!!

hang in there and have a great week. let me know if you join tops , i think it is a lifesaver for me :)

shyhandful7
aka kim

Anonymous said...

Great entry...can't wait to hear how those products taste...let us know how the strawberries taste!  Zoey looks so relaxed...love the photo!
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Your graphics look good Julie....so cute! :) I got the biggest grin on my face seeing Zoey on the couch....looking like "life is good" :) We spoil our Molly rotten and she takes over the bed, too....but you are right about their eyes, they are evil they are so cute!!!!!!
Glad your shortcake turned out good and I will keep my fingers crossed about the allergy to the berries. I can't eat oranges or drink the juice and that upset me too....fruit is just so yummy!
Your intake chart looks great and your Doctor WILL be proud of you.....so am I! :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~