Saturday, May 20, 2006

Cloudy Day

     Yesterday it was such a beautiful day, sunny and warm  but so far it is cloudy out now.  There is an auction I want to go to today. Hopefully there will be some wonderful items I can get for a fair price.  I haven't added anything to my shop for awhile and it needs some new and wonderful items.

   Dinner was great last night.  I love fish and especially grilled fish.  Tonight we are grilling again, steak and I think I will get some veggies and make kabobs.  Well my husband just came in and said it is rainy.  That could hurt the grilling and the auction.

   Breakfast was slim-fast and an organic banana.  No leg cramps last night thank goodness.  How can one little banana help so much?

   Here is a neat site.  Portion control is my nemesis.  It sneaks up on me and slowly I start making my portions bigger again.  My husband always cooks me too big a steak or hamburger and we had too much fish last night.  I am much better then I was but there is so much room for improvement.  I could blame it on him or take control of it myself, it is funner blaming him though, LOL.NHLBI Portion Distortion - Answer to Question Number  Anyway take the quiz.  It will surprise you how many calories are in food just by changing the sizes.  You can eat that much but you would have to work out 9 and a half hours a day to burn all the calories.  Yikes.

   Well, I am off to check on the auction.  If it is cancelled I will be a good woman and hit the gym.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Portion control is a hard thing for me too.  I usually eat good stuff....but too much.  Like you said, too big of a steak..etc..UGH constant battle!
Glad the leg cramps are better.  
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good time at the auction...and the leg cramps have gone.  Bananas and orange juice are great for leg cramps...that's what I use. Have a beautiful Sunday...hugs and love,
Joyce