Sunday, May 21, 2006

Poll

  I was wondering.  What would happen if I was going across town and in an accident and died.  Who would go on line to close my store, tell people in this journal and other places I visit what happened?  My husband is really techically challenged.  I am not sure if he could close my store without my passwords and even if he did have them, am not sure he would know how.  Has anyone else ever given this some thought??  Do you have someone designated to take care of on line things if anything happens to you?  No I am not morbid, just was wondering when I was listing something for my store just now, what would happen if something happened to me.  Knowing my luck I would have a rush of sales and my poor husband would have to try and deal with finding the items and packing them, now that makes me chuckle. 

     What has anyone else done about this?  I really want to know so let me know what you would do.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should ask someone who you trust to do it for you.  Maybe a good friend.  And write down specific instructions for them.  I sort of blogged about this the other day.  Surfboard accident. lol  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I have no one to do it! I'd just be gone....after awhile forgotten!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I hadn't thought about that.  I do have a will, and a trust set up.  Got that all taken care of....but my online stuff would just sit there.  Now you have me thinking.  Maybe I'll put something in the notebook that has my trust/will giving my passwords and instructions on what to do.  I don't have a store like you do....but someone would have to close my journal up.  
Remember when Pam from "Just One Girls Head Noise" got sick and we would be so worried when we didn't hear from her.  She did that with her sister Nancy.  Nancy had access so she could let us know what was going on.  
Julie,  being a nurse, I know you think of all of this. We all do.  And if something happened to you I would hope someone would let us know.
But, let's pray that nothing happens. ok?
Someday I wanna see a picture of you in that flowered straw hat with the flowery bike basket taken with your fancy schmancy new digital camera!!  ok??  Now that I've written you a book,  I'll quit.  Can you tell you got me thinking??
Enjoy your Sunday!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

LOL...You're too cute! :) Actually, I don't think your morbid for thinking about those things once in a while....we need to be prepared! My password is a sign on deal so they could get on, my daughter has a journal on "Live Journal" so she could do it for me. When I have my hernia surgery, I'm going to either assign her or one of my friends to do updates. I'll have to tell her she would need to post at other times as well if I couldn't, I never thought of it....thanks for the nudge :)

Pooh Hugs,
LInda~

Anonymous said...

Hi, interesting thought.Our best friend/manager died a couple of months ago,he had all our records on his pc with password. As he was an ex CID policeman, I remember him saying that there are ways, with the families permission for a computer expert to 'open the pc under strict rules.You could always leave your numbers in a safe box in the bank, not to be opened until that day! I think we should all be aware of what could happen.
Rach.xx

Anonymous said...

aha i finally got here:) i have added you to my alerts so i will be back lol i love your journal:) have a good week

Deb