Thursday, June 1, 2006

Off Off Off work, Happy Happy Joy Jou

     Well now I start my long stretch off.  Joy Joy.   I slept from 8:30 until 12:30 because I had a Dr. appointment with my lung doctor today.  He says yes I still have asthma, I am having trouble believing it even though I have had wheezing for the past 2 days, and I am trying another cheaper inhaler called QVar.  It is still a steroid but he doesn't sound as it has as many problems as Advair. 

                          

                             

       About a hour after I took it I felt numb all over, even my tongue,  I called the pharmacy and they said that could happen and should get better once I get used to the med.  He also gave me Albuterol inhaler for quick relief.  I only need to take that as needed.  In 2 weeks I am suppose to try my water aerobics again and see it I have an attack.  Hopefully I won't and can start my classes again.

   Bad news.  I am up 4 pounds!  I will not put up with this so am really going to cut back for awhile.  We have decided to try RAGBRAI this year, Welcome to RAGBRAI.org   I don't think I will make the entire trip but one or 2 days would be great.  To do it I have to really start training on my bike.  We are going to start riding daily until we can easily do 40 to 60 miles a day even on hills.  It is in July so we will know by then if we are up to it.  Can a 51 year old lady who is more then 40 pounds overweight do this?  I think so.  I hope so!  Every year at least one person dies from a heart attack and a few get mowed over by cars.  It is a great way to see Iowa.

    Well, it is time for me to go to bed.  Rick has relatives in town so we have a busy day tomorrow.  I want to get up early and do a bike ride before we all get together.  Night all.

                           

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the bike ride tomorrow!  Glad you're off for a stretch now.
Pam

Anonymous said...

RAGBRAI is going thru my hometown this year - Colfax.  I'm now living in NW Arkansas but would love to be home during this event.  I also miss the Iowa State Fair.  Happy cycling !

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your bike ride and your weekend.....I hope it's fabulous. Hope the QVar helps your breathing. Take care...

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

oh no i hope you feel better soon:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hope the new meds help!  I can totally relate to the asthma treatments as my son has it as well.   And that bike trip sounds fabulous.  : )  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Can I snag that NiteyNite?
~Meg