Friday, June 30, 2006

The Nurse Dog

  My Dog thinks she's a nurse.  Whenever someone is sick or has surgery she sticks to person like glue until they are better.  I always know when I am on the mend because Zoey leaves my side.  Now she is glued to Dan making sure he is OK.  Dan is in our room because he has a futon he sleeps on, by choice, and our bed is higher.  It used to be a water bed and I got a mattress for it as the water bed was hard on my back.  It is somehow comforting to know she is there at his side and will let us know if anything goes wrong.

   When my son Dan was 12 he went into kidney failure.  One night he had a terrible seizure and stopped breathing.  My old Kari went nuts and ran into our room barking and jumping on our bed.  She weighed almost 100 pounds so it sure woke us up.  I ran into the room to find my son blue and not breathing.  I shudder to think what might have happened if I hadn't adopted my beautiful dog Kari.  She got steak that night I tell you.  I still miss her.  This dog is the same way.  The nurse dog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange how dogs seem to sense our feelings isn't it? Some more than others. God bless our fur babies.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

that is such a heartwarming story:) god bless all the furr babies and extra the ones who take care of us

Deb

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you have those caring sensitive dogs. Helen

Anonymous said...

I have one of those dogs myself and I know she is half human....she knows just what my mood is and what I need. Thank God for these awesome beloved creatures. Hope Dan continues to improve.:)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

I'd feel better knowing the doggie is in there with him.  They really can sense things that we can't.  Amazing!  
She looks so cute keeping guard over him!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Awww.....that is so sweet!  And Kari...wow that's just amazing!  Great story.  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

That is too cute for words!  
~Meg