Thursday, June 8, 2006

More on the Ride

                             

    I got all my pictures downloaded on my other site. http://journals.aol.com/midwestvintage/BikeRideAroundSiouxCity/

   Looking at my pictures lets me know I still have sooooooo far to go in my weight loss effort.  I wish I had taken more pictures of me 50 pounds ago because I don't remember what I looked like.  I feel like I have made no progress.  Anyway, enough of my pictures of me depression.

   I am feeling pretty darn good today.  I was afraid I would be in terrible shape today but I'm not.  Not sore or anything.  The bad thing is I didn't sleep well again.  I seem to sleep soundly for around 4 hours and then only in fits the rest of the night.  I have tried tylenol PM. but it didn't work for me.  I called my doctor and got a Ambien script.  I will probably only use it occasionally but when you work nights it is so important to sleep.

   I am going to call WW today and find out what the cheapest program is.  One of the ladies at work only pays 10 a month.  I want that.  I need some structure.  Why isn't exercise enough.  I eat well.  Nutritious.  3 meals.  Sigh.

   I am not working tonight.  I am so tired I decided to call in and see if I can get a good night sleep for a change with the med.  I only had 4 hours the night before and 5 hours last night.  If I can just sleep at least 8 hours I hopefully can change this pattern.  My son says its the extra exercise that has my body revved up.  He may be right.  I never used to have this much trouble sleeping.

   I just got back from reading Linda's entry at http://journals.aol.com/linnpooh/LindasThotfulSpot/

   It just hit home.  Here I was feeling sorry and depressed at how I look in my pictures and feeling like whats the use.  I never am going to get skinny or look good in pictures.  That is why there are so few pictures of me.  Then I read Linda's post and knew I had to remain positive.  It was a huge thing to me what I did yesterday.  Last year I could not have done that and would not have even wanted to.  I hated exercise in any shape or form.  I was too self-conscious to be seen on my bike as I felt like a ball on a bike.  I have come a long way.  I have not lost as much weight as I wanted to but hey, I have time.  It will happen.  My health is so much better.  I started slowly and kept increasing what I do and look at me now.  My son can easily do 40 miles on his bike, but he is a twig and 27 years younger then me.  I have come a long way.  Thanks Linda for making me mentally kick myself in the butt for feeling sorry for myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked with online WW (as we don't have one near by) & it was $70. mo too much for me on a fixed income.
Later dear, gotta run.
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

I just saw your pictures at your other journal. They are great!  Beautiful trail you follow and congrats on doing so many miles.
Pamela

Anonymous said...

You are so wrong about not looking like you lost weight........You are almost half of the person that you used to be a year ago.  AND could you have done that ride a year ago?  I tought not!  Be PROUD of yourself!!!!!!