Monday, June 5, 2006

Monday, Monday

    

         I got the beautiful tag above from ToniTags : Animated graphics and nametags  Isn't it pretty!

    I am slowly waking up and drinking coffee.  We are going to the gym shortly and I hope it will work some of the stiffness out of my joints.  My hip hurts today and I had my usual charlie horse this morning to jar me out of a sound sleep.  It must be from the biking.  I had at least 5 large glasses of water after the ride and always have water with me when we ride so I know I am hydrated.  I have been sleeping poorly because I think in the back of my mind I am always waiting for the next charlie horse.

   Breakfast this morning is Slim fast.  I have once again dropped 2 of the 4 pounds I put back.  My waist still feels thick though.  Hopefully a good workout at the gym will help. 

    I am going to do the bike and set it for hills.  I also am going to increase my leg exercises as I will need strong leg muscles to go on the ride.  One of the trainers is into biking so if I can snag him for some pointers I can try.  Since I know from experience that each ride is easier then the last as far how I tolerate it, I think just getting on and riding as often as possible is the best thing.  The day my husband took his very long difficult ride he had 40 mile a hour winds he was riding in.  I suppose I should be prepared for a day like that also.

    The ride is Sunday to Sunday.  I need to do it on a day or days when my son will be able to drive up and get us.  I can't do the whole week as I can't get the time off. I am going to study the map and decide where to start and where to stop.  The first day is very hilly, not sure if I could do that.  One of our practice days is going to be riding the route to see how it goes.  We have thought about one of us riding while one drives the van.  Then we can switch off when we tire.  That may be best.

   I have a chicken breast from yesterday and plan on cutting it up on my salad for lunch.  I have cut down to around 1200 calories a day with a couple of days shooting up to 1800.  I am averaging around 1275 a day which is pretty good.  It is sad that I had to cut down so much to see a loss even with the amount of exercise I am doing.  Supper is up in the air.  I give up planning it when we change it at the drop of a pin.

    Yesterdays ride was really nice.  We saw the neatest bird  I am trying to ID but haven't been able to.  When my camera arrives I will have to bring it and get pictures.  We saved the life of a baby bull snake who was right in the middle of the trail waiting to get run over.  I nudged him back into the woods.  I also am going to bring my wildflower book with me to ID some of the flowers out there.  I won't remember but I like to know at the time.

   Well he is getting ready so I have to get ready. We usually work out for 2 to 2 1/2 hours so I should be good and sweaty by the time we get back.  Hope everyone has a great day.

                  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a cousin who is about 450 lbs.  At one time quite a few years ago he did the Slim Fast diet and it really worked for him.  I think he got down to about 200.  Then he quit doing it and now he weighs more than he ever did.  He even got on disability.  I feel so bad for him and wish he would give it another try.  He has been talking about getting the gastric bypass surgery but we will see.  Your entry made me think of that.

I'm proud of you for sticking to your guns though and excersizing too with the bike riding.  You go girl! : )  As for me, my metabolism is through the roof and I couldn't gain a lb if I wanted to without lifting weights. and i don't wanna be no muscle woman.  lol  But at the same time I don't wanna be super skinny either.  God I've written you a short story.  Bye for now. lol  Hugs and GBU, Shelly