Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Good Morning Everyone

   

          Well it is another beautiful day in Iowa.  Sunny with a light breeze.  The birds are at the feeders and I was just watching a squirrel chase a bluejay away.  Earlier I chased that darn buck away from my flowers.

    I am waiting for Rick to get back so we can go pick up the patio set.  I am not sure, but I think a grill was included in that give a way.  Rick thinks so also but we can't remember for sure. 

   Now he is crabbing about having to mow around the set and where will we put it as we won't probably ever use it.  Sheesh.  Why did he sign up for it then?  I plan on putting a patio in the size of the screened in tent that I want and I plan on using it.  I also plan, whether he likes it or not, on going out to Menards and buying the screened in tent today.  I think it will be lovely.  Of course he mentions I spent $400 seeding the lawn when we built just 2 short years ago and now I am planning on killing off a good size of lawn for this.  Well in the beginning we had planned on having a cement patio put there, I just ran out of money.  I still aim to have my patio.  I am excited.  Rick always has a problem with the glass half empty syndrome.  He needs me to off set that tendency.  Together we make a full glass.

    I was hoping it would rain as I need to do some work listing things in the shop.  I am going to combine the dishes I am selling and the sheet music to get it sold.  I didn't even go to any sales this weekend.  Won't make any money that way.  When the weather is nice though I don't want to spend hours at this computer, I want to ride my bicycle.

     What type of exercise today, what type of eating. Everyday I wake up with those 2 thoughts in myhead.  First I meditate, then I ponder the 2 BIG questions the rest of the day. 

    One thing  I have been getting better at is getting my water in.  I was slack on that for awhile, but bike riding and drinking water go hand in hand. 

    Tomorrow the 2 of us are going to try a ride out to Adams from the river.  I was going to leave from here like Rick did the other day, that would give us 47 miles, but the end of the ride that way is all these hills.  If we start on the river the end of the ride will be slopes but fairly easy and we will still get in around 45 miles.  It will be my longest ride.  I plan on bringing lunch and when we get to the river point lookout stopping and having a light lunch and resting.  By doing it tomorrow if I simply can't make it, my son will be home so he can come rescue us.  Hopefully the weather will be nice.  I am not doing it if we have a really windy day.  Not just for me but I worry about Rick also.

   Well I finally checked out the dates of RAGBRAI and found out I do have to work right on the first part of the ride.  I just assumed I would be off because the women who are going at work all work the same time as me.  It is too late to get the time off and it makes no sence to drive a few hundred miles so I can ride my bike 60.  I have to either give up riding this year or try and find someone to work for me.  My husband says there is always next year and we will have a whole year to train but I feel like it is this year or never.  I feel pretty dumb not checking it out before.  I will get training for now while I see if I can get someone to work for me or get the days off.

   I am still thinking of maybe joining WW or OA just to make me accountable.  My insurance covers WW and the ladies at work are having so much success as is Rach from Weightwatchers watch this .   I am just needing a push right now.  My weight keeps bouncing and I am not having the success I did at first.  Time to try something else. 

   Well as usual I have rambled on and on again.  Time to get busy and ready for my patio as Rick should be home soon.  I will take pictures and post them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the new patio set.  How fun!  I do hope you are able to get the time off for the ride.  What a shame if you don't.  You've been looking so forward to it.  I'm sure someone will trade with you.  I hope so anyway.
Pamela

Anonymous said...

i hope the patio set looks good:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I try to follow the weight watchers core plan, because I eat so much healthier.   I go to OA meetings though, because I am a compulsive over eater, and ww wasn't really covering my needs.   Great program though, as you know.
~Meg