Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Patio Set

   

         This is the patio set.  I love it.  We decide though that it was something that had been damaged so they decided they could never sell it, so lets give it away.  The chair handles on 4 of them are cracked.  I would be really upset and returning them if  I had paid for them but since they are free and we have 6 chairs, I haven't unpacked 2 of them, I won't and can't complain.  Now I need my screened in tent or porch.  The screened in tent I want is only 179.00.  If I build a built in screened in porch it would be $10,000.  That would be best but out of my price range.  So I will get the screened in tent.

   We grilled and ate outside after our bike ride.   Steaks and veggie kabobs.  The veggies below aren't cooked of course.  Those pearl onions are so great grilled.  For dessert we had lemon merique pie as Rick was craving it.  I had a small piece and about 4 ounces of steak.  Lots of veggies though.

                    

Only did 9.4 miles today but it was in the 90's and hot.  I am as cooked as our steaks.  We are only averaging 10 miles an hour which is bad.  If I get to do RAGRAI I need to be able to more then that or it will take up 7 to 9 hours to get to each town.  The ride was fun though.  One bad thing happened.  I had a bug fly into my eye and sting me.  Wow did that hurt.  I poured water into my eye until the stinging went away.   I was worried my eye would swell shut but it was fine, just burned the rest of the trip.

    Tomorrow is our long trip.  We are getting up early to get ready.  This will be the test for me and the deciding factor on whether I give up my plans or go for it.  I have decided that even if I have to work the week of the official RAGBRAI there is no reason we can't do it the weekbefore or the week after.   I hate crowds anyway.  I really want to do this for some reason.  2nd childhood or whatever I can't remember when I wanted something so bad.  So I must do it.  Every year people die in this event.  I hope Karma isn't talking to me.  Today is not a good day to die.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the set:) good luck on the bike ride tomorrow:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Thanks, now I am starving! lol  Those kabobs look fantastic and the lemon meringue pie sounds really good right now too! Wow, I didn't realize the bike trip was dangerous.  Yes, you'd better get in shape for it then.  Good luck.  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Love the patio set...get bargin...and boy did dinner look awesome...hope you have a great week...TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

The patio set looks really nice and your kabobs look sooooo yummy!!!! I'm glad you had a good ride and will keep my fingers crossed for tomorrows....hope it goes well. :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I love your patio set!!!  Congrats!  You'll enjoy it this summer.
Good luck on the bike ride tomorrow.
Pamela

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful set...I love it.  I hope your summer is the best...hugs and love,
Joyce