Friday, June 30, 2006

Start the day with a Recipe

 

Italian Green Bean Chicken
Submitted by: Kristy
Rated: 4 out of 5 by 33 members
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings
"This is a really flavorful dish featuring simmered chicken and green beans in a simple tomato sauce."
INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
halves - cubed
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
1 pound fresh green beans - rinsed, trimmed
and steamed
DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and saute until aromatic oils are released, then add chicken and cook through until no longer pink.
2. Stir in tomatoes and basil and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes. Finally, stir in steamed beans and serve.

Serving Size 1/6 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe 6
Amount Per Serving  
Calories 177
Calories from Fat 58
  % Daily Value *
Total Fat 6.4g 10 %
Saturated Fat 1.1g 6 %
Cholesterol 43mg 14 %
Sodium 255mg 10 %
Potassium 466mg 13 %
Total Carbohydrates 10.4g 3 %
Dietary Fiber 3.8g 15 %
Protein 18.4g 37 %
** Sugars 5.3g
Vitamin A 33 %
Vitamin C 38 %
Calcium 11 %
Iron 44 %
** Thiamin 10 %
** Niacin 84 %
** Vitamin B6 24 %
** Magnesium 12 %
** Folate 17 %

 

        Doesn't that sound good!  You can tell where my head is this morning.  Food!  I had shredded wheat and bran with a banana this morning.  I plan of slim fast for lunch and  chicken fajita's for supper.  I have my day planned out.

    My son had a terrible night.  I checked on him a couple of times during the night and he didn't get much sleep.  Finally he told me his foot was throbbing.  The dressing had gotten very tight from swelling and his foot was killing him.  I loosened the ace wrap so hopefully it will feel better and added another blanket.  His pain pills aren't helping at all.  I am not sure what else they would give him with his allergies but I will call the doctor later.    Maybe even darvocet but I think he has had tylenol with codiene before and it helped.  Anyway he is really miserable.  I do know where he is at this morning.  I have had so many surgeries I know how it is when the meds don't help the pain.

   Well, I am taking my tired body out to the patio set and drink my coffee and look for photo ops.  I don't feel like I got enough sleep even though I slept 8 hours.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The recipe sounds great!  Sorry your son had a bad night.  I hope he starts to feel better today.
Maybe you should just rest today.  When I'm up that long it takes me a couple of days to feel better again.  
Saying Prayers for your son.
Pamela

Anonymous said...

i hope your son can get some relief hopefully they can give him something:) the recipe sounds yummy. have a good friday

Deb

Anonymous said...

The recipe sounds wonderful...now I want to try it...hope your son feels better soon and you have a wonderful holiday weekend...hugs and much love,
Joyce