Monday, June 26, 2006

Poll

  There are a couple of journal where I do the photo scavenger entries.  I can't decide which picture to enter.  The first one is for There is a Season and the Category:  "things that make a sound"  I have 2 that I am thinking of.  The first is something I love the sound of.  My old Gilbert Clock.  I think it is from 1928 and it resonates beautifully when it chimes.  Very Zen.  The 2nd is a sound I don't like.  I like the phone but I don't like talking on a phone.  It drives my family nuts but I hate talking on the phone and only call my grandchildren often.  http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason/

   Which should I submit?

   The weird thing about the phone.  Is it me or does the phone look like it is hovering in the air above the table.  Pretty weird.  Should I call it Telephone in levitation?

    The next 3 pictures are for Johns photo shoot, Your Monday Photo Shoot: Find an interesting pattern or texture somewhere in your home. Take a picture of it.  I took 3 pictures.  I like all of them.  Which should I submit?

  http://beta.journals.aol.com/johnmscalzi/bytheway/

First this is a dried grass arrangement I have in a vase in my house.  I love the soft texture of the tails.  The pictures isn't bad either.

   The 2nd is in the floor in the bathroom.  I see a womans face in the pattern of this tile.  Do you see it?  Is this the ghost in the bathroom who keeps leaving the toilet lid up?

   Last is the door to my bathroom.  I hand sanded and stained every bit of Oak in my house and have the carpel tunnel scars to prove it.  I love the wood pattern in this door and think the stain brought it out perfect.  Another weird thing about this camera.  The phone floats and this looks like it is bowed out like I was using a fisheye lens, I wasn't.  Obviously I have alot to learn about my new camera.

   So these are my choices so far.  What do you think I should submit.  I have a day before  I should submit them.

No comments: