Friday, June 16, 2006

Bike Ride

   I decided I wanted to try the other bike trail that went over the river and to Crystal Cove in South Sioux City, Nebr.   I heard it was nice and it was.  Total ride for today was 15.5 miles.  Going over the bridge is probably the hardest as it is uphill to get there but the rest of the ride isn't bad.  The weather was Hot Hot Hot!  The trail ends at the lake which we rode around.  First I stopped at the dock to look at the small bluegill that was waiting around and a huge turtle.  Lots of Canadian geese floating around.  Then we rode back.  We had a headwind at times that was less then plesant but it really was a good ride.  On the bridge on the way back I couldn't get my bike to go into 1st gear and it bit my leg, but Rick fixed it and I rode on, Short of Breath but able to make it.  

   I used my inhaler once, but it really didn't help the way it usually does.  I had chest pain the whole 2nd part of the ride.  I am going to read up on the Advair again.  I don't remember the Advair  causing so much bone loss.  Whatever it was it was much harder on me without the full effects of the inhaler.  Physically I can handle riding for miles but breathing wise I have problems.  My knees did better this time since we fixed by seat again.

   At the end of the ride we went to Jolly Rogers, but they weren't open!  Oh No, no beer!  Down to Sweet Fannies for a cold one.  Another great day on the bike trails.

   It rained while we were gone and it is soooooo humid and stuffy and hot.  I have no air conditioning except in my bedroom so the house feels pretty stuffy.  I think we will go out to eat.  I need it.

   Well, my life in a nutshell.  Are you sick of my bike riding stories or ready to buy a bike and hit the trails?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep going:) i love to hear about your bike adventures

Deb

Anonymous said...

Keep on writing....I enjoy hearing your stories.  I used to ride with an old boyfriend and we'd always stop for a drink afterwards.  That was our "reward" LOL!  But, I didn't notice any pictures....what's up with that??!!  I love your pics!
Pamela