Sunday, June 11, 2006

Good Morning From Iowa

                  

      Its cool and misting out in my part of Iowa.  Nice change and makes sleeping easier.  I slept 6 hours today which is better then the 4 I had been averaging.  No charlie horses to wake me up which is great.  Don't have to go out and water since it has been raining, also great.   I had a wonderful night at work last night.  Good friendly patients.  Also I have no bullseye rash from my tick bite yet so all in all things are going good.

   Did have some problems with my eating last night.  Have you ever had one of those days you just couldn't get satisfied eating?  Maybe it was what I brought for supper, but it didn't leave me feeling full.  One of the nurses brought licorice which didn't help and then a police officer who was watching one of our patients walked by with a pizza that smelled heavenly.  We told him he was no longer allowed to do that unless he brought enough for all.  He is about 6' 5" and ate an entire large pizza by himself.  Men can do that kind of thing.  Kind of mean for the prisoner who was on clear liguids, but he isn't in for the meals.

  I kept looking for things to eat that wouldn't add alot of calories but would stop the cravings I seemed to be having.  Light fruit cup, toast with peanut butter, 3 large glasses of water.  No luck.  I hate it when I get that way.  My 100 calorie popcorn usually does the trick but it didn't last night.  Could it be the steroid inhaler?

   I will be better armed tonight and bring a better meal.  Huge salad with fresh cherry tomatoes,  peach,  2 rice cakes and my popcorn plus whatever lean cruisine I have.  I hope it helps. 

    Rick is no where to be seen so I hope he has supper planned.  I hate it on the days I work to find out he has no plans for a meal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy you did not have any more charlie horses...and you had a little extra sleep.  I think we all go through those eating patterns sooner or later.  Have a beautiful Sunday...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I hate days/night like those!    I sure hope the better meal helpls tonight.  Also maybe try drinking a lot or maybe some sugarfree gum?   That might help.  Best of Luck!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I hate those charlie horses. I have them sometimes and the only way for me to get rid of them is to get my feet on the floor as soon as possible and walk a few steps. When my legs get cold at night I have them. Yes, I have those spells where nothing will fill my hunger spot and I hate that also. Hope you don't have to go through that tonight. Helen

Anonymous said...

i hate that :) i would just quit eating because i knew i would over eat, have a good night

Deb

Anonymous said...

I hate days like that.  I keep on eating until I feel satisfied...it's crazy sometimes!!  Glad you had a good day at work.
Pamela