Saturday, June 3, 2006

Meal planning

    We went to the store so I could get supper supplies.  I have decide I want Rick to grill some chicken.  I am marinating it right now in balsamic dressing.  I bought some squash, zucchini, peppers, tomatoe, and mushrooms and will make veggie Kabobs.

    While sitting in the parking lot we were watching people going in and out of the store.  It was really shocking.  So many truly obese people these day.  250 to 300 and they were almost outnumbering the thin.  I hear it is an epidemic and I have to admit it is so common at least in this part of the country.  Is it more common in states that have long winters?  It wasn't long ago I was in that 250 range.  I will never go back there or even in the 200 range ever again.  I look in their carts and cases of pop, frozen foods, little Debbies, chips, dips you name it.  I look at my cart, bananas, peppers, tomatoes, squash, spinach, rye bread, fresh chicken, and my beloved Slim Fast for a quick meal.  My whole way of shopping has changed.

   This thinking about doing the bike ride has been great for my resolve.  I feel strong again about losing my added weight plus more as I know that will make the ride easier.  For lunch I am having a raspberry banana smoothie.  No sugar, just low fat yogurt, raspberries and a banana.  Tastes great.  I am bugging Rick about getting the bikes ready to go as I want to ride.  I am planning on going to Riverside twice from point to point.  That should get me my 20 miles.  No hills though.  I know I should do them but my legs are really cramping up.  Tomorrow though we are doing the gym plus maybe a short bike ride.

   Anyway thats the plans for the rest of the day.  I always feel good when I have the meal plan out of the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I think you are really going for slim now. When we notice people bigger than ourselves,we feel like saying.'hey. you CAN slim, look at me..I never want to go back either.
Rach.xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, you're motivating me to get my old bike out!!
Enjoy your day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

dinner sounds good:) enjoy your bike ride

Deb