Saturday, June 3, 2006

Cloudy Weather

                                                 

              Well we planned on getting up early and riding again but that fell through.  We will go see his relatives off this morning and ride this evening if it isn't raining.  That should be fine since my son bought a new bike last night and wants to try it out.  We can't keep up with him but he can always double back to check up on the old folks.  

   I had charlie horses all night last night from the ride yesterday.  My left calf and my right thigh of all places.  I can't understand why I get so many when I eat so healthy these days.  I take vitamins also.  I didn't however take a banana.  Made for a restless night sleep though as every time I turned over the 2 legs spasmed up in unison and I would wake up and have to walk around.

    We had an interesting day yesterday showing the relatives around.  At the Lewis and Clark center we met a couple and their daughter, the Nunes, who are bicycling from Florida to Washington on a 3 person bike.  They are doing it to raise funds for China's orphans as their daughter is adopted from China.  What an amazing thing to do with a 6 year old and the bike was fantastic.  Check out their journal and bike."You can do anything": Introduction:   They were very nice people and it made the trip to the center much more interesting running across them and visiting.   Their daughter was shy and cute but did finally talked when we talked about Harry Potter.  Love the books.  The family looked fit and healthy.  MaybeI should do that.  Cross country trip on my biketo visit people in J-land and get skinny and fit.

    I always though doing something like that would be so great and have read every book about people walking or riding across the country I could find.  Always wished I had the courage and the money to take time off and do it.  The great thing about books is doing it in the 3rd person.

   Since we aren't riding until later I am going to have cereal for breakfast.  I ate at my MIL's last night so there wasn't anything diet except the salad dressing, but I kept my portion control under control and it wasn't bad.  I am extremely determined to get this gained weight off as it went straight to my waist and feels terrible there.  My smaller pants feel snug and they were getting loose.

   Looking outside it looks like it will rain any second.  If it does all day I guess I will just go to the gym.  Not as much fun as riding.  My lung doctor wants me to do water aerobics next week to see if the medicine is working.  That would be great if it does.  I miss those classes.  The inhaler worked great yesterday  for quick relief.  Took about a minute and I could take a deep breath again. 

    I still don't know why I have this all of a sudden after all these years.  I just keep thinking it will go away.  I wonder if it will but probably not.  What triggers you to become asthmatic after all this time, allergies developing?  Whatever it is I wish it would go away as I am not thrilled with having to take an inhaled steroid with my bone problems and edema problems.  I am trying to strengthen my bones, not make them worse.  As a nurse though I know how dangerous asthma can be left untreated as people die from it yearly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that learning to get my exercise on a bike would be a good idea. I'm in a diet  rut.    I would welcome any suggestions as to what type of bike I should buy.  I know nothing about bikes.
----------Thanks, MARY    

Anonymous said...

enjoy your weekend and bike ride:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend and enjoy the ride.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the biking (added exercise, that is) could be affecting your asthma?   Wish I had a cure for the Charley Horses, but like you, maybe try a potassium supplement?  
~Meg