Friday, June 2, 2006

Oof Da what a ride!

   OMG, I am in such terrible shape.  We did 16.9 miles, didn't make my goal  14.9 was just fine, no problems and a beautiful day.  Downhill or flat and the weather was in the high 60's when we left.  Last 2 miles all up hill and the weather was now in the 80's.  Made it up the first hill with difficulty, the 2nd small slope OK.  The 3rd hill had to stop and use my inhaler and wait until I could breath.  4th hill walked up half and then rode the rest of the way home.   SSSSOOOOO Glad to see the house.  The hills aren't even half as high as they will be on RAGBRAI.  I have to either give up now or ride everyday farther and farther and tackle more hills.  Boy do I feel fat and old right now I tell ya.

  Well, Just thought I would check in and let you know how the ride went.  Shower time.

    Well my shower is over and I am feeling better.  Yes I didn't make 20 miles but before this the furthest I had gone was 14 miles so we did increase it and it was the first time I went from the house and back.  It will get better.  Tomorrow will be better.  I need to get some cooler riding clothes though.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soory you had a rough time but you still did good. Helen

Anonymous said...

At this rate, you're going to be dropping pounds like flies. : )  HUgs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Hi, I think you did really well and should feel proud of yourself. Bet you are aching, I am feeling that thinking about the distance you covered.WELL DONE!
Rach.xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!!  That's a long way!  They say in an exercise program you FEEL a difference after two weeks of doing it....and SEE a difference after six weeks.   So in two weeks look back on this entry and see if the ride was just as hard for you.  I bet it won't be!
Enjoy your day!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

WOW!
Coming upon the weekend. Wanted to say howdy & hope you have a good one!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

glad you made it:) enjoy your company

Deb

Anonymous said...

I think you did fabulous Julie! I know it wasn't as far as you wanted to go but it was still a nice work out and everything like that takes time. I'm sorry you had trouble with your breathing.....how was the new inhaler? Isn't is wonderful that they make something that can help like that.....today's medicine amazes me!
Hope your weekend is great....enjoy your company :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

WHEN I was riding... I thought we'd dong good when we rode 10!   We plan to get the bikes out again soon, and I dread getting my hiney conditioned.   Ouch!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!  I can't even imagine riding a bike as fat as I am--I'd need a bigger seat than I see on the bikes.   I live near a lake that has bike pathe though and maybe I could ride there.  Now I am wondering How I would buy a bike--I know nothing about all the new ones.  Any suggestions will be wecomed.
----Granny Hugs to Ya, MARY