Monday, June 19, 2006

Photo scavenger hunt

  This is my entry for the photo scavenger hunt from http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason/entries/1752  I love these old buildings.
 
Photo Scavenger Hunt #80...

The entries for Photo Scavenger Hunt #80 will be due on Sunday, June 25, 2006 at 11:00 PM EST.  Wow, Krissy, you have done 80 of these!!  Congratulations, honey!! 

Category:
 
out-of date, old, or antique

 

   This is my entry for the photo shoot assignment.  These Quonset huts are old and I antiqued the picture because they just screamed to be antiqued.  Blurring the edges gave it a sense of age also.

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job. I once saw an apartment made out of a hut like that but it was smaller. It was beautiful inside. The walls were lined with weathered wood from old houses and barns. Helen

Anonymous said...

very nice i love it:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Nice photo..hope you had a good weekend...TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

These are cool.  I have never seen buildings like these.  What are they used for?

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Very nice, the toning of the picture suits it well.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Nice entry. I have seen a couple of these buildings, but really have no clue what they are for.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Yes, very cool.  Every time I see them I remember my grandfather had some barracks in WWII that resembled these long, log, shaped, tin shelled huts.  I don't recall the history of them, but they also remind me of lower lying airplane hangers.  Shana

Anonymous said...

Great choice and altering the picture was a great idea!
Linda :)