Saturday, November 25, 2006

Things I can do when Transparent!

     I have been trying to think of what fun neat things I will be able to do when I am completely transparent.  If I was a teenage boy I would do the the girls locker thing, but since I am a middle age grandma what could I do in comparison?  Sneak into the men's locker room?  Oh goody, more naked men, like I don't see that everyday at work.  Believe you me, the magic and mystery is long gone.   OK, sneak into a movie?  They will have to make better ones then they do now.  And how about my Monday date night with my Hubby?  It would look like he was ordering 2 beers for himself.  Of course I could get into all the national parks without paying so that is one plus.

    My husband has offered up the theory that the fading in the picture is symbolizing my fading youth........Hummmmmm

     My son thinks its because I have lost enough weight I am just a shadow of my former self, now that's sweet.

    No Greg, no photoshop magic because I haven't figured out how to do that.  I did set the camera up with a delayed timer so  could get in the picture but remember the flash so I am not sure why it turned out like that. And when I tried walking through the closed door I almost broke my nose!

   Will I still enjoy bike riding, bubble baths, kissy face with my hubby, or hugging my grandchildren the same way when I am completely transparent.  What will my patients think having Julie the friendly transparent nurse taking care of them?   It will save me on clothes though.  No more bad hair days!  Me fat?  How can you tell?

   Anyway, notice the way my 85 year old MIL is still only slightly faded.  I knew she would out live me!  Shes too stubborn to go first, LOL.

   Well, off to bed.  We had a terribly busy night.  Many many many cardiac caths today, a few code blues, some tragic, some miracles.  Night life at a busy trauma hospital is rarely boring.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe there is a ghost hanging around your face LOL. That is weird though. Helen

Anonymous said...

I like the weight loss theory....very symbolic, don't you think?  

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, must give this some more thought.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

Julie, I'm fascinated with the fading on both of your entries...LOL..I couldn't do that if I tried.  Funny how that turned out like that. Fading youth....never..hehe  I'm laughing because I am so darned superstitious.  God bless you MIL.  My mom is 87 and still makes the very best pumpkin pies.  We all tell her she will outlive the whole bunch of us.  You have me howling thinking of all the things that could be done if invisible.  Have a good Sunday!  Chris