Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ready for class

  Now 8 oclock doesn't sound like early to many of you, but to us night workers it is very early.  They called me last night and gave me low census which was great.  I was happy I didn't have to work and I went to sleep around 10:30.  Now for 4 hours of coding dummies and trying not to look stupid this early in the morning.  The way to do this is get into a group of gung ho men and let them rule your  group.  Then I will just sit there and nod knowingly sipping on my coffee.  Yes, Yes I agree. 

   Last time I had a bunch glum on to me as the senior nurse so I had to be the one looking like I knew what I was doing.  I do know but first thing in the morning my brain doesn't work as well until I have at least a pot of coffee.  It is hard to verbalize sometimes what you do when your training is so automatic.  In a real code you just do it without having to discus each little step and why your doing, know what I mean or am I rambling?

   I am not really worried about not passing,  I have done this 5 times already plus I have done pediatric but I hear they are getting really strict this year.  New teacher with a class A personality.  Old nurse with fuzzy coffee brain, what a great team. 

  Well off I go...........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck! Molly

Anonymous said...

I think you'll pass with flying colors, Julie.  They say that those who are calm and collected are usually the ones that done.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

They really ARE getting strict!   I've got to take my BLS again and I just took it 6 mos ago!  Grrrrrr...!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh, any test where I have to remember details, is a tough one for me...let me make stuff up, throw in big words to take up space and I can do that....lol...Your a smart woman...you will do well...-Raven