Monday, November 6, 2006

Released to go back to work, just not today!

                

        Well I was hoping to work tonight and tomorrow so my check wouldn't be so short.  However I am having a belly ache.  Had it since last night.  The kind that feels like you just did 50 sit ups for the first time ever the night before, except you know that didn't happen since I haven't exercised for weeks! 

    It is probably nothing but he gave me the magic purple pill, freeby's yah, and wants to wait until tomorrow to make sure the tummy is better.  I should have kept my mouth shut.  Sometimes he says you get stomach problems for awhile after this surgery until everything starts working again, however with my history of adhesions he doesn't want to release me and have it be a bigger problem.  Makes sense but Sigh, I'm broke.

   Now I live very simply.  Small 3 bedroom ranch, no TV, trac phone, you name it, my son gave me the computer and pays for it.  So there really isn't anything I can cut out when I am short of money.  Well maybe the gym, but I think that is necessary for me in the winter.  If I didn't have the gym I would sit here getting as fat as my squirrels, who am I kidding, I am as fat as my squirrels, my husband feeds me too!  Oh well, 

We have lived on potatoes and rice for 2 weeks before and the nice thing about my childhood, I can stretch a penny farther then anyone I know, LOL.  Oh, I guess I could give up my occasional and much loved beer!  Wait! Things aren't that bad yet, LOL.  For lunch I had poor man's garlic noodles,  Take a package of ramen noodles, I throw away the salty seasoning, smart balance margarine, garlic pepper salt free seasoning and a sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top,  low fat, really cheap, and filling!  Now when I am rich and not dieting I make it like this,  

    Slice 8 cloves of garlic thin, sauté in olive oil until  opaque but not browned, add 1 pint whipping cream and fresh ground pepper, cook until liquid reduced.  Pour over thin spaghetti noodles and add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, sprinkle with fresh parsley.  Serve along side jumbo shrimp or chicken breasts, Yummy.  Fattening probably but yummy.  The garlic keeps the politicians away, lol.

      I see they are finally looking into seatbelts for school buses.  I was shocked to see my darling granddaughter, who is still required to use a booster seat in the car doesn't get the same safety in the school bus.  What's up with that?  It was dangerous when I was a kid, dangerous when I tried to get it changed with my kids, if fact we stopped using the bus and drove them and still dangerous with my granddaughter.  We have all seen the video's of kids flying all over the interior of buses during accidents.  Lets all do what we can to change this.  They say it would be dangerous because the bus driver couldn't get all the kids unfastened, well then get volunteers to ride the bus as helpers, teach the kids to get theirs undone and help their neighbors, that is such a lame excuse.  OK, off my soapbox.

    Something interesting to read.


The FIRSTS happening in each State in USA (very  interesting)


ALABAMA ... Was the first place to have  9-1-1, started in 1968.
ALASKA ... One out of every 64 people  has a pilot's license.
ARIZONA ... Is the only state in the  continental U.S. That doesn't follow
Daylight Savings  Time.
ARKANSAS ... Has the only active diamond mine in the  U.S.
CALIFORNIA ... Its economy is so large that if it were a  country, it would
rank seventh in the entire world.
COLORADO ...  In 1976 it became the only state to turn down the Olympics.
CONNECTICUT . The Frisbee was invented here at Yale  University.
DELAWARE ... Has more scientists and engineers than  any other state.
FLORIDA ... At 759 square miles, Jacksonville  is the U.S.'s largest city.
GEORGIA . It was here, in 1886,  that pharmacist John Pemberton made the
first vat of Coca-Cola.
HAWAII ... Hawaiians live, on average, five years  longer than residents in
any other state.
IDAHO ... TV was  invented in Rigby, Idaho, in 1922.
ILLINOIS ... The Chicago  River is dyed green every St. Patrick's Day.
INDIANA ... Home to  Santa Claus, Indiana, which gets a half million letters
to
Santa every  year.
IOWA . Winnebagos get their name from Winnebago County.  Also, it is the
only state that begins with two vowels.
KANSAS  ... Liberal, Kansas, has an exact replica of the house in The Wizard
of  Oz.
KENTUCKY . Has more than $6 billion in gold underneath  Fort Knox.
LOUISIANA . Has parishes instead of counties  because they were originally
Spanish church units.
MAINE ...  It's so big, it covers as many square miles as the other five New
England  states combined.
MARYLAND ... The Ouija board was created in  Baltimore in 1892.
MASSACHUSETTS ... The Fig Newton is named  after Newton, Massachusetts.
MICHIGAN .. Fremont, home to  Gerber, is the baby food capital of the world.
MINNESOTA .  Bloomington's Mall of America is so big, if you spent 10
minutes in each  store, you'd be there nearly four days.
MISSISSIPPI .  President Teddy Roosevelt refused to shoot a bear here ...
that's how the  teddy bear got its name.
MISSOURI ... Is the birthplace of the  ice cream cone.
MONTANA .. A sapphire from Montana is the Crown  Jewels of England.
NEBRASKA ... More triplets are born here  than in any other state.
NEVADA ... Has more hotel rooms than  any other place in the world.
NEW HAMPSHIRE ... Birthplace of  Tupperware, invented in 1938 by Earl Tup
per.
NEW JERSEY .  Has the most shopping malls in one area in the world.
NEW MEXICO  ... Smokey the Bear was rescued from a 1950 forest fire here.
NEW  YORK ... Is home to the nation's oldest cattle ranch, started in 1747
in Mont auk.
NORTH CAROLINA . Home of the first Crispy Creme  doughnut.
NORTH DAKOTA .. Rig by, North Dakota, is the exact  geographic center of
North America.
OHIO ... The hot dog was  invented here in 1900.
OKLAHOMA ... The grounds of the state  capital is covered by operating oil
wells.
OREGON .. Has the  most ghost towns in the country.
PENNSYLVANIA ... The smiley, :)  was first used in 1980 by computer
scientists at Carnegie Mellon  University.
RHODE ISLAND . The nation's oldest bar, the White  Horse Tavern, opened here
in 1673
SOUTH CAROLINA ... Saunter  County is home to the world's largest gingko
farm.
SOUTH DAKOTA  ... Is the only state that's never had an earthquake. They did a couple of years ago!!
TENNESSEE  ... Nashville's Grand Ole Pry is the longest running live radio
show in  the world.
TEXAS ... Dr. Pepper was invented in Waco back in  1885.( I love that guy!!)
UTAH ... The first Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant  opened here in 1952.
VERMONT ... Montpelier is the only state  capital without a McDonald's.
VIRGINIA ... Home of the world's  largest office building ... The Pentagon.
WASHINGTON ... Seattle  has twice as many college graduates as any other
state.
WASHINGTON  D.C. ... Was the first planned capital in the world.
WEST  VIRGINIA ... Had the world's first brick paved street, Summers Street,
laid in Charleston in 1870.
WISCONSIN ... The ice cream sundae  was invented here in 1881 to get around Blue Laws prohibiting ice cream  from being sold on Sundays.
WYOMING .. Was the first state to  allow women to  vote

No comments: