Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday

                    

         I just couldn't find a thing to write about yesterday.  Everytime I looked at the computer he glared back at me.  I decided to just download my music on the MP3 player I finally got and try and get this cold under control.  I felt like crap when I first got up so went back to bed.  Now I feel better.  Just hate having a cold since it hangs around so long.   I was looking back through my journal looking for a recipe and realized I am sick with crud alot.  That comes from working in a hospital.  Notice people are always ready to share their germs.  Next time just give me money.

    We had white chicken chili last night.  That stuff is so good and low fat which is good.  I am really hoping I feel better as I want to go to the gym tomorrow.  I have been so bad.  I can see my muscles I worked so hard at getting slack and know the first week back will be a painful one.  I am up weight again.  Just call me yo yo. The spirit is willing but my body keeps betraying me lately. 

    My granddaughter lost her first tooth.  She tells me she wants the toothfairy to bring her $10 bucks.Boy has that gone up since my kids were little.  It was 50 cents for the first one and then a quarter for the rest.

     I read the story aboutthe Secret Santa being un-veiled because he is ill with a terminal illness.  I always thought it was such a great story.  This man has given away almost 2 million dollars.  Much better then Warren Buffet who justs gives his money to rich people so he can get richer.  This is what I would do if I had lots of money.  I would love to give huge tips and send money secretly to people who needed it.  I would live the same except have a newer car, but I would be able to help people which would be so cool.  Of course now I help them physically but it would be so cool to help them finacially.  There will be a special place for that man in heaven.

    I am feeling really thankful this Thanksgiving, thankful we have decided not to do the big meal and all that pressure is gone.  Isn't that terrible!  It is just so much work for women.  I used to get so ticked at the men in my husbands family.  They would sit in the livingroom shucking and jiving while the woman all worked in the kitchen cooking and getting things ready.  The meal ready one of men would work real hard for about 3 minutes carving that turkey.  Fixing a drink to recover from the difficult job of cutting the meat he would then go sit again while the women set the table.  The men would leap to their feet when supper was announced and it 5 minutes flat devour everything within reach.  With a belch and a pat on the little womans rump they would then return to the livingroom to take a much needed nap while the woman returned to the kitchen to put away leftovers and do a mountain of dishes.  Every holiday was like this.  My husband learned early on he had better be joining me in the kitchen if he ever wanted to have marital relations with me again, LOL.  I think part of it was the woman in his family for the most part didn't work outside their homes.  Making the meals and keeping the house was their jobs.  They were good at it.  Me though, I had been working steady since I was 12.  In my family we all had to do the meal preparation from my oldest brother to my youngest sister.  We all had our assigned job.  It was actually fun.  I see my son's doing the same things men in their family do, eat and take a nap, I don't care how old they are, I can still spank them for bad manners.

    Ok I will end this with a article I read.

LOOKIN' FOR LOVE IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES: Ronald A. Dotson, 39, has been
  arrested for allegedly stealing a store window mannequin. Again. The
  Detroit, Mich., man has at least six convictions on his record for
  stealing mannequins over the past 13 years to satisfy a sexual fetish.
  In the latest case, in nearby Ferndale, Dotson is accused of grabbing a
  figure dressed in a French maid's outfit. "He told his parole officer
  he was going to buy a mannequin so he didn't have to do these break-ins
  anymore," said a police detective. "Apparently that didn't work out."
  (Royal Oak Daily Tribune) ...He should move to Los Angeles, where
  there's a plastic woman on every foot of sidewalk.

 

        

                                 

                 

   

    

No comments: