Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY, MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP,
MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS,
MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER,

STAY OFF YOUR THIGHS
.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my J-land friends. May your travels be safe and your meal be satisfying. May your families all get along for a day. And I know everyone is thinking of what we are thankful for today.

Although we are not doing a traditional Thanksgiving dinner this year I have much to be thankful for. I am working tonight and thankful I have a job to go to when many don't.

I am thankful to have the skills to be able to help someone today. They are probably thankful I have those skills also, LOL.

I am thankful for my health as it is so much better then it was.

I am thankful for my family and their health.

I am thankful for our soldiers keeping us safe and protecting our way of life. May they have a safe halo around them all.

I am thankful to be able to come on-line and get reassured that basically people all over are decent and have the same hopes and fears as me. Sometimes when you read the news you wonder.

Now for some medical advice. Thanksgiving is traditionally a busy night at the hospital. People who need water pills don't take them today so they can travel. They eat their entire days worth of salt in one sitting and then come visit me. Armchair warriors eat a nice big meal, watch an exciting football came with friends and family, get all worked up and start having chest pain, and come see me. Or fight with family, get all stressed out and have chest pain and come see me. So take care everyone. Take the meds you need, enjoy everything in moderation and bite your tonque with the annoying relative. And most of all, Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Its not that I don't want to see you, but lets do it another day, OK?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good entry Julie. Hope you are having a good Thanksgiving Day! Your picture is great. Helen

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!  Interesting info about hospitals and Thanksgiving ....never knew that.  Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!     I haven't been getting alerts for you... it's weird!    Didn't get them for Robin either.     I thought you hadn't been writing...I have some catching up to do...   what freaked you out and made you go private?
~Meg

Anonymous said...

And don't forget the increased numbers of gunshot wounds and stabbings.......it's the holidays.....lol.   Happy Thanksgiving.  We are truly blessed!

Anonymous said...

Very good Journal Julie, very helpful. Keep up the good work. I have placed your link in Dad's Spotlite today.

                                                 Dad

Anonymous said...

Very good Journal Julie, very helpful. Keep up the good work. I have placed your link in Dad's Spotlite today.

                                                 Dad

Anonymous said...

I loved your last paragraph of this entry. Isn't that the truth?
Pam