Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Great News, No More Hungry In the USA!

                         

  Its true, I just heard it on the news.  According to our Government we have no more hungry, just people with food insecurities!  Great, lets get them all a shrink to eat for breakfast.  Sheesh..............................

                   

   Another thing I heard on the news, (its been an interesting day),  since chocolate it now good for your heart, ( I am still loving that one), how about chocolate covered aspirin!  I would remember to take my daily aspirin.

              

   Finally heard from the nurse.  Good news is my husbands lab is all great, thyroid, PSA, counts.......good.  Why he is so tired?  Who knows.  Of course the little bitch that is me sometimes likes to tell him its because he doesn't work, LOL.   But actually I have gotten used to that.  We haven't heard about the appointment with the new Doctor yet.  Also they never addressed the bradycardia.  Now that could be making him tired but that is pretty new.

                         

    Today we are going shopping again looking for the Dora Talking Playhouse.  Would you believe we have no toy store in this town!  I have to go to K-Mart or Walmart.  I am boycotting Target still so can't go there.  I also want to hit the nursing uniform shop and see if they have any CNA gifts for my DIL.  I want this Christmas shopping to be done with.  But I slept like a baby and feel raring to go.

                

   Found a really good recipe if you like balsamic vinegar, I do, and it is low cal.  4 WW points, good thing.  I love all recipe.  Make sure you read the reviews because they tell how they improved the recipe alot of times.  I am having it for supper tonight.Braised Balsamic Chicken - Allrecipes

                  

   After my meditations this morning I did some yoga stretches and sit ups.  Since we will be doing alot of walking today in Malls which really kills my back, will hold off on the gym once more but we plan a long 5 mile walk along the river today.

                      

   Another tip I heard which makes sense.  Drinking a cold beverage with your meal is a bad idea.  The Chinese drink a hot tea to aid in digestion.  The theory is cold liquid solidifies the fats in the meal making it harder to digest.  It sits there longer making us more prone to colon cancer which is almost unheard of in China.  This actually does sound plausible, I tend to take all these claims with a grain of salt since look! chocolate turned out to be good for you, but I did switch my ice water with hot tea after my meal yesterday.  I figure since my gall bladder surgery things are not working properly all ready and anything to help.  Think though of what happens when you put cold water in a fry pan with oil in it, it turns white, thick and solid, Yik.

                            

   Sad thing.  When we were getting ready to leave yesterday found a young cat, still almost a kitten in the front yard.  Eyes running and sneezing, bone thin.  People are always dumping their pets in the woods when they get tired of them telling themselves they will do just fine eating mice and birds.  They don't.  The average life span of a stray cat is 2 years!  Not good years either.  They always seem to find my house.  I am good for a meal and sometimes if they are healthy enough and not to ferile I find them a home.  I made a hot stew for the kitten which it gratefully ate.  No I did not take it to the vets.  Last time it cost me $260 and I don't have it right now.  I could take it to the pound, but know it would be put to sleep.  So I feed it and will feed it again if it shows up again.  I hate it when people do that.  Get your animals fixed!

            

               

No comments: