Saturday, November 4, 2006

Saturday and Christmas Shopping

                      

                            ENOUGH

The sun gives light and warmth.  But too much sun can cause burns and cancer.

The rain quenches thirst and provides cleanliness.  But too much rain can cause floods and drowning.

The wind cleans the air.  But too much wind can agitate the oceans and blow down buildings.

One should fill one's life with good things.  But more is not always better.  It is a skill beyond most of us to learn when enough is enough.  Do you have enough?  If not, how much is enough and how will you know when you get there?

___________________________________________________

         Its November, I have my Christmas Club money burning a hole in my purse, time to get some shopping done.  I want to get the grandkids toys bought first and then the rest of my family. 

                Before I had the Christmas club I would have had my shopping done by Sept.  I hate going to the mall when it is this busy.  Quite a bit of my shopping will be done online this year.  Does anyone else do that?  Since I have to ship my grandkids gifts this works pretty good.  Order it and have it shipped there.  This year though they are moving so I have to wait until after Dec 1st to send thing so I might get some things here. 

        Any suggestions for a 3 year old boy and a 5 almost 6 year old girl?  For my granddaughter I want a easy bake oven but other then that I have no ideas.  My daughter in law is really hard as she doesn't wear jewelry or perfume and you can only get her candles and body lotion so many years in a row before it looks lame.  Another one for my lame list, LOL.  I love lotion though so it would work every time for me. I have this old lady dry skin though.  Last year I bought her white crocs for work.  I love mine.  She didn't like them.  Sigh. What to do.  Suggestions would be grand.  She loves to spend money so maybe just gift certificates. 

     When I get back to work I plan on doing at least 3 days of overtime a pay period to catch up on bills and get some extra built back up in my savings.  I can easily increase my checks by a thousand doing that as long as my body holds out.

    We didn't do a thing last night as money is non existent right now.  We usually only do something really special every 5 years.  I am practical to a fault sometimes, but as the sole money earner I do what you have to do.

     I have mentioned my mother was a member of Mensa American Mensa | Home.  She loved doing mental work and puzzles.  We would sit around and work puzzles in my family and do word games instead of watching tv or write short stories and read them.  My mother was a good writer and I loved her stories.  As a result I was good at taking tests back then because it really is alot of how you do on the tests, practice.  They are all basically the same.  I passed the Mensa test and I got a 99% on my civil service exam.  Not to brag, I think it was just back then you took lots of tests.  SATS etc....  Now my mother however told me, and I believe this to this day,  Julie are are very smart but your common sense will be your best asset.  You're practical and that will get you a lot further then your brain.  It has proven to be true.  My younger sister, the one that hates me, was reading the newspaper at 3.  She did better on the tests then me.  However, she has rarely worked and spent most of her adult live figuring out how to live off the welfare system or off of other people.  I will take my common sense any day.  P.S.  I probably couldn't pass any of those tests these days but it doesn't matter to me.  I still love doing puzzles and am addicted to sudoku.Sudoku

   Anyway sidetracked again.  Surprise surprise.   The weather is in the 40's and already that seems warm.  Doesn't take long to get acclimatized.  I am going to also try listing some things on line again on Wagglepop.com.  They are doing pretty good and I would be real happy to not sell on ebay ever again.  So that is my day such as it is.  What's for supper?  Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.   Bye all.  Have a good weekend.

                                

No comments: