Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Just to clarify about the mammogram

   I just wanted to make sure I don't scare anyone away from such an important test.   I knew it was going to be more painful then normal as my Doctor had warned me it would be after my breast reduction.  Normally although they are uncomfortable they are not, and I repeat ARE NOT as painful as mine was the other day.  This was definately the most painful one I have ever had and it should be better next year.  She said it had something to do with the scar tissue.  I actually have bruises today and am very tender which has never happened before. 

    So Meg, Darling, do get your mammogram.  It is so important.  Really it is.  There is a very good reason mine was painful.  Yours will be much better. 

     There.  I was afraid I might have scared some people off from ever getting one.  Don't ya all feel much better now?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As soon as I read your title I KNEW this was for me...howevah...I knew you were telling that story to be funny, but in a truthful kinda way, and I even knew that yours was worse because of your surgery; but I still say I ain't gonna get one.    (I haven't even had the dreaded pap in 6 or 7 years.)    Arrggg  I just don't want the flesh underneath my boobs ripping, and my lawd!  What if one of 'em pops like a zit?  Oman!!  what if both of 'em pops??  I'd be boobless!!  and they'd make me clean the mess up, no doubt.
I'll just pass, thank you!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Julie, only fools or those who can't afford them, would forego a mammogram no matter how painful.  I just wish they would approve MRI's for women which are far better diagnostics.  Oh well....HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

I have to do mine but I know its going to be something...glad to know yours turned out good..painful yes, but your health is ok which is important..!..-Raven