Thursday, November 2, 2006

Another day in the life

Well, today is the much awaited voting for the VIVI's so hope everyone got there nice and early and voted for their choices. It was really hard as I like everyone. Jackie and Chris both did a great job even under some dark clouds. Way to go ladies.

Talked to my boss today. It is the first time she has called to see how I was doing and then she only called because the doctors office wrote the day I was released to work as the 31st which would be I was abcent from work. Yikes. So I called them and had them fax the Boss that I was still under his care.

Now I used to work with my boss when I was the house manager. I did 3-11 and she did 11-7. We were pretty good friends and that is one of the reasons I went to that floor. That and I like heart patients. My last boss also was somewhat a liar. I told my new boss, just don't lie to me and we will get along fine. Unfortunately our relationship suffered of course because when you are the boss you can't show favoratism, which I truly understand and expected, but she also has been doing some lying to the staff about some upcoming policy changes and that bothers me. However. Since I did middle management for years I also know you are suppose to be pretty closed mouthed about some things. It did bother me that she didn't wish me good luck though with this surgery or call to see how I was doing when I had problems.

I took my steri strips off all but the incision that opened up. Feels much better. I am such a tender fair flower, yup you hear me, LOL, I just can't take any of that stuff. The thing is some of the girls at work are talking about getting theirs ears stapled for weight loss. 3 of the nurses in house that I know off have done it for weight loss or to quit smoking. Is it working? The smoker was still smoking the last time I saw her. Anyway I know that I could never do that. I would react to the staple and have an infection quicker then you can say, YOU STAPLED YOU WHAT! It does seem pretty silly and just another gimmach to get people desperate to lose weight to spend their hard earned money.

____________________________________________________________________

 

A man walks into a hamburger shop and orders a regular meal. Later, the waitress brings his meal to him. He takes a bite out of it, and notices there's a small hair in the hamburger. He begins yelling frantically at the waitress, "Waitress, there's a hair in my hamburger! I demand to see what is going on!"

So, the waitress takes him back where the cook is and to his horror, he sees the cook take the meat patty and flatten it under his arm pit. He says, "That's disgusting!"

Then the waitress says, "You think that's disgusting you should see him make donuts."

___________________________________________________

   Well I am going to a friends house.  Her husband has a really nasty cancer which will probably be terminal.  His job, nice people fired him right away.  Since he is bored silly at home I am going to show him how to sell on ebay.  Should give him something to do and I hope when he gets it up and going to leave his sellers name so you can check it.  He is such a nice man it really makes me sad.

No comments: