Monday, November 6, 2006

I don't think I'm weird.

                                 

    As I was anxiously awaiting my son going to work so I could play his new game, Final Fantasy X11, I was looking through my alerts.  He was sitting there reading over my shoulder and said, Mom you are so weird.  Look at the newsletters you get and email.  Weird Al,  Robert Crumb , Glen Beck, and an email from one of my favorite authors Christopher MooreChristopher Moore.  These people don't make any sense he said.  What a weird assortment.

   

 

How could you not love someone who wrote a book with a title like this, The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove.

 

 

 

 

You know I never make fun of his music...... well Ok sometimes I do, and I don't make fun of his movies........ Well sometimes I do.......   Ok I don't make fun of his books.......  I borrow them.  What wrong with my assortment.  I loved LOVED underground comics when I was a teen and young adult.  Mr Natural, WOW.  Weird Al, well who doesn't just bust up listening to his lyrics.  Glen Beck, so full of himself and boastful but he does make me think.  Him and Grudge.  And I loved Lamb by Christopher Moore, I loved every book he wrote.   I didn't think my selections looked bad at all.  He never mentioned the Kick in the Tuss newsletter and the antique weekly.  This is why my butt is getting so big.  It takes me hours to go through my daily email.  And I love it.

   

 

The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

The birth of Jesus has been well chronicled, as have his glorious teachings, acts, and divine sacrifice after his thirtieth birthday. But no one knows about the early life of the Son of God, the missing years -- except Biff, the Messiahs best bud, who has been resurrected to tell the story in the divinely hilarious yet heartfelt work

 

 

 

So what weird things do you all get daily or weekly alerts for besides the regular journals?  I bet  I am not so weird at all,  right, Right, RIGHT!

             

No comments: