Friday, November 24, 2006

Help, I am fading away!

       I was trying to get a family picture to send to my son yesterday.  Out of 5 pictures 3 of them have me transparent!  Fading away.  You can see the plant behind me through me.  Yikes. 

    Now if I was superstitious I would see this as a premonition of doom.  Should I be making my last will and testiment out?  By breaking the tradition and not having a turkey dinner last night did I give some message I don't care enough to stay alive! 

   OK, I am not freaking out here, but notice it is only me who is fading.  In every picture it was only me.  Even the one where I am in front, it was me.  Thank goodness I know Greg will look at this and give me a logical reason in scientific photography terms for why I am fading away to a little bit of nothing!  Help Greg, save me!

   Last night at work was as expected.  We got you usual congested heart failures and 2 heart attacks.   It was a busy night.  I also had to be charge so that kept me hopping.  I was smart this time and took the sickest hearts patients as my patients so I didn't have anyone new worried about them all night and asking me a thousand questions.   I really don't mind asking questions but when we are busy it is sometimes just easier to do it myself.  Our new nurses are getting more self assured and feeling stronger with their nursing skills.  They are a good group and I think they are going to be some great nurses.  Hope we don't train them all just to have them leave again for a day job.  That happens so often.  Why does everyone want days?  Why does everyone want a life! LOL

    We had chicken at my MIL's last night.  It was really good but the sweet potato and apple stuffing was disappointing.  She also made a really great pumpkin pie.  85 and she still makes the best pies.  Not of mydiet but I bet I got extra points yesterday for the 12 hours of running I did this morning.  The holidays are tuff but I have no left overs to tempt me and for supper at work I had a weight watchers turkey dinner, so see, I did have turkey.  Wasn't quite the same.

   Did everyone brave the mobs to go shopping today?  I have never, will never, could never imagine every wanting to ever, go out on Black Friday.  From what I can see the sales weren't that good this year anyway.  I hate crowds.  Hope everyone who went had a blast though.

  Well, have to get ready for work before I fade away.  Why can't it just be my thighs, or my budda belly that is fading away, why the whole me, why!

  P.S.  My sister had another earthquake in Hawaii plus a tsunami this week. Scary.  I would be thinking about finding me another piece of paradise to move too!

            Ok, one holiday done, onward to the next!

      

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

how weird:) hope you have a good night at work:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I think you're a ghost!  fess up!!!    lol
I have been out in the Black Friday craziness, but I truly have no desire to do it again....hate crowds...plus I worked retail for several years while in college, and it's just insanity!   Much worse now than then.  
~Meg

Anonymous said...

OK, that picture is really WEIRD!!!!  Are you sure you're not a ghost???? (LOL)

No Black Friday shopping for me....too many people freak me out!!! (lol)

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

OK, here goes.  I have two theories on this shot.  The first one is Photoshop magic where you do a layer with your picture and one without.  You give yourself a good deal of transparency before you superimpose it.  My other thought is you used a very long shutter speed with a slow sync flash.  Everyone was there for the full exposure, but you popped in when there was no flash.  Then there is the other option....can you walk through doors while they are shut?

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

Black Friday, uh uh, not me either!!  I always think when funky stuff shows up in pictures like that, its a spirit of some type...like not something you can see with the naked eye, but the telephoto lens can capture it...yikes, I'm scaring myself!!  Let me know what your son says ;)  Take care...
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Very weird.......lol............

Anonymous said...

How strange about the pictures!!  For some reason I wasn't getting alerts on your entries. Had to reset them.  Grrrrr.
Pam