Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Supper was a huge success

  Well this supper was a huge success, my MIL raved about it and kept saying, now THIS is the type of meal I really like.  It really was good.  Afterward we had a hot butter rum.  I got the recipe for Trader Vics hot butter rum mix and we made some hot drinks after supper.  Boy were they good also.  I love hot drinks on cold Iowa days.  You can't get them in bars anymore but Sweet Fannies said if I brought them a recipe they would.  The rum we used is kind of pricey but it is better with a good rum.

                       Hot Buttered Rum Mix

1 pound brown sugar                      1/4 stick butter

1/2 tsp each of ground cinnamon, gloves, and nutmeg.   Cream them all together.  This should make enough to last all winter and it can be frozen if you have left overs.  We use a cinnamon stick to stir it with.  Mix 1 to 2 tsp batter with 6 oz hot water and 1 shot rum.  Stir with cinnamon and your in heaven.  After shoveling 10 inches of wet cold snow off your drive this will warm you right down to your toes.

     Well after this decadant day I will have to be on the straight and narrow for a good long time.  I feel like I put on 10 pounds tonight alone.  And can you believe it, I am reacting to my steri strips now also.  The skin is all red and irritated under them.  I took off the worse one and will probably end up removing them all. 

    Oh, I wanted to show my grandbabies halloween costumes.  They are so cute.  I sent my granddaughter hugs and kisses to make her feel better as she is sick today.  She said it helped.  Aren't they cute!

 

No comments: