Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Public again.

   I went public again.  I never really write any private things and decided I just got weirded out reading some of the comments on that one blog.  Wishy washy thats me! 

    It is suppose to be 60 out today and I am nagging my husband to go for a ride with me.  If he won't I will probably go by myself.  I want to exercise.  I have been really good on plan again and reading Linda's journal is so inspiring.  Makes me want to stay good. 

    Tomorrow we are having chicken at my MIL's.  Rick and I are making a sweet potato casserole so I can skinny it up with Whey Low.  I turned my Aunt onto a sample and her and her husband really went crazy for it.  They had been using splenda but say they will never eat that again.  Since they both weigh in at around 300 guessing it will help. 

  Being overweight really runs in my family. He has all the problems that go with being extremely obese, High blood pressure, diabetic, bad kidneys, uses a scooter because his knees won't hold him.  My Aunt does better but not much better.  I really worry about her and she really feels there is nothing she can do about it.  She says she can't lose weight like me and exercise......Oh yes she can.  I told her to just try and lose 5 pounds at a time.  If you focus on losing 100 or more it seems over whelming.  But 5 pounds, yah I can do that, and do it again, and do it again.  Before you know it 40 pounds, 50 pounds, gone.

  Well, time to increase my nagging for the ride.  I want to ride my bicycle!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Girl Go!!!!!!  Happy Thanksgiving!!  Sue (Deb's mom)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Julie and family...i guess we need to reset out our alerts or maybe we wont get them .... hope every has a a safe and happy thanksgiving                             Sue

Anonymous said...

I always made the excuse that I didn't want to exercise alone, blah blah blah, then I complain about not exercising.   Finally, I realized the only person stopping me, was me!!  Never again!!  If I want to go, I go.  That goes for everything.  My husband doesn't care too much for craft shows, fairs, church (we're of different faiths), whatever it is, I'll go by myself, if he doesn't want to go.  I've had some of the greatest times by myself.  Don't let anyone stop you from doing what you truly want for yourself.  Take care, my friend!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving. I have never heard of Whey Low before. I will look In the grocery stores around here and see if it is stocked. About an entry before. I hate it when people scam other people especially older people who think everyone is honest. Helen

Anonymous said...

i do hope you have a good Thanksgiving:) whey low never heard of it whats it used for?


Deb

Anonymous said...

I love sweet potato casserole.  My mother makes the best.  I was wondering where your comments went to...lol...now, I know because I heard that when you change the status of your journal, the comments disappear.  Have yourself a great Thanksgiving!  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

I know this must be a difficult time of year to lose weight.  I have a difficult enogh time to maintain my weight...and actually, I could afford to drop a few pounds.  Glad to see you go public, I'm sure there are others out there trying to lose weight that can get motivated by your words.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/