Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Today is Tuesday

      I was going to go to the gym today, but was talked out of it by Rick. 

     I have lived with pain for a long time.  I have a tendency to not want to give into it.  A friend asked me once how I could do the things I do when I am in so much pain.  Well, if I let pain stop me I wouldn't do much.  I would lie in my bed feeling sorry for myself.  I worked for 8 months with broken bones in my back because I was scared of having surgery on my spine.  I hit the gym a week after my surgery last year. 

    But sometimes I mess myself up by not being cautious enough.  So I guess I will make sure my knee is truly healed before I hit the gym.  I am lucky to have a high pain tolerance, but that doesn't mean I have to be stupid.  Because the very last thing I need would be to have to have another surgery to add to my long list, right.

   So what will I do today to keep from getting bored.  It is so cold out don't feel like venturing out of my warm house.  I am almost finished with my book and ready for the 2nd.  Supper is hours away.   I still need to finish getting all my things from the antique store.  I simply can't afford to stay there.  I think I will bring it all to a consignment auction house and get rid of the stuff I don't want to keep.  I am tired of on line selling.  Tired of packing and running to the post office, scrounging around for boxes, bubble wrap, writing descriptions,  but I still love a good auction.

   On my story below.  Yes he did realize he had scared me more then he meant too.  I think I was 16.  Even today that feeling of being totally helpless is as fresh today as it was then.  The Rat.  I did however after that spend quite a few years learning how not to let fear paralyze me so it did teach me something.  I will never again be that helpless and pity the fool who tries that joke on me again, LOL.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you aren't going to challenge the knee at the gym until it heals more.  I wondered about that.  Knee's can be tricky, and it's definitely not worth doing permanent damage to the knee.
Hope you have a relaxing day off.
Pam

Anonymous said...

trust me don't let workers comp over due the knee they did that to me :( hope you heal up quick


Deb

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are definetly not one to sit still. ... and by the way what an outrageous scary story, he's lucky you did not kill him.
Patrick    

Anonymous said...

Again I love your flower photo Julie. Take care with your knee and rest it up. I could do with someone motivating me to go to a gym, but its enough just to go out for a walk in this cold weather. I have posted my scary (laughter) story on my journal for you to read...enjoy!  Do take care..Jeanie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/kirkbyj05/DaytoDayLifeintheLakes

Anonymous said...

Good idea on letting your knee heal...the time will come soon, when you can exercise away...have a wonderful week...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Love the flowers!  Don't overdo that knee of yours.  I did read your story.  I'm glad you grew and learned a lesson from it.  I really don't think I ever had a situation where I was totally filled with terror.  Weird for me.  Chris